Super Mario Movie

I don’t know what you all think of it. But I’m hyped.

I like Jack Black playing Bowser. Its like when Jim carry played Robotnik. I was abit curious and I like what I see in the trailer.

No some folks don’t like Chris Pratt’s voice, but I was expected Mario to sound completely different as soon as they announced his voice actor last year. So I expected this,

Its like in the old cartoons where Mario didn’t get his iconic voice till Super Mario 64. So yeah I’m not worried about it.

But what do you think?

1 Like

I didn’t have faith in Jack Black as Bowser, but the trailer is sort of making a believer out of me.

Chris Pratt on the other hand, I’m still on the fence about. We really didn’t get much of a voice sample on this, like sustained conversation. Still, Mario in the games, when he does speak, has a very strong Italian accent to his speech, but I always felt the way Nintendo did that, it was almost stereotypical for the character and too strong. For how little Mario actually speaks in the games though, not a huge issue.

But for a real person, I don’t think the accent is going to be so strong as to be a caricature or a stereotype of a typical Italian, so maybe they’re dialing it back a tad to make Mario seem a little more grounded. Personally, the way he’s portrayed in the games would get annoying if you had to listen to that for a large amount of time.

I’m not sold on Pratt yet, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and I’m not writing this movie off because of him.

Also, regardless of the casting choices or the script, this has at least got to be a giant step up from what was the abysmal Mario movie of the 90s. That’s not exactly a high bar to clear, but I honestly feel that even at this movie’s worst possible outcome, it will still be better than that older Mario movie.

I think most of us would agree to that for sure.
so far the plot has something going on like the super mario 64 story. Then again Bowser hid the stars through out peaches castle in the story. So It makes me wonder if Bowser either has the last star or this will be a competition of who can get them.

Definitely.

So far, yes. Visually, it looks really good. Very faithful to the games. I’m surprised by how intimidating Bowser seems here. I hope this is good, if not great.

2 Likes

As a fan of the big bad king, I’m pleased about it.

Also toad sounds like toad without the annoyance.

1 Like