Suicide Squad and Rotten Tomatoes

Exactly, which is why I enjoyed it for what it was. Not what it “could’ve” been.

RIGHT! I kid you not, I spent so much time trying to convince myself that this movie was good. As expected, I couldn’t bring myself to find the enjoyment others found. This movie is fill with so much openness that is never explored in a world with bland life. The dialogue was bland, the characters were bland and the conflict was bland. Overall, it is a mediocre film glorified by the connections of a well-renowned director or rather just a film that I could care less about.

Isn’t there a joke out that suggests that the movie is practically based on the Smurfs lol

The setting varies from ridiculous (floating rocks? Wtf?) to unexplored. And the plot is the same far-left native people at one with nature versus evil materialist moneygrubbers that you can see in much better films, including both Dances with Wolves and Pocohantas. Seriously, “unobtainium.” Groan. Plus the fact that the Aliens are just like us only taller, more graceful and blue. They have the identical secondary sex characteristics (blue boobs on display everywhere). Seriously, the Avatars are wasted in this environment. Just wear stilts and paint yourself blue. All culminating in them sitting around the world tree chanting to somehow produce miraculous victory. The hero sells out the human race to run off with a pair of blue ■■■■■ he met literally two days ago and then actually murders a whole bunch of people who he was allied with up until the night before. Murder and terrorism are great as long as you are killing dirty capitalists! This from a millionaire director. Hey James, why don’t you send all your money down to Brazil where they are cutting down the rainforest instead of using it to cheat on your wife with every actress you cast and then making preachy films to lecture me with?

Sorry, I get carried away. Every moment of the movie was torture for me. To make it worse I went with my father-in-law, who loved it because he loves anything with explosions.

4 Likes

I enjoyed Avatar for what it was, a 3D showcase, but it is indeed not a great movie. One of the few big blockbuster movies I dont have on blu-ray, and I even have the resodent evil series (guilty pleasure) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But for a one time thing it was ok.
But it would never have been this big without the whole “true 3d” gimmick.

Not want to derail this thread, so I’m going to start a new one about films recomendations, since I see people with good taste for films around

2 Likes

Yes!

Aaaaand here it is!

1 Like

lol @BigBadAndy i share your sentiments regarding the avatar movie. its just so damn funny to see someone articulate it and it explain whats in my mind about it.

as for suicide squad, idk from what i seen in the trailers its trying too hard. the joker looks like, well, a joke. ok, so lets give him alot of tattoos, grills, and bam! hes edgy and crazy. nevermind the fact he looks like trump’s boy. 2nd, we all know that sex sells and ms robbie is selling it very damn well. i also heard SPOILERS ALERT

that she and joker actually share a romance where they’re in love. alright, already they got the wrong idea there. the joker and harley quinn were never in love with eachother, its a 1 way street which is from harley. joker treats her like crap, he beats her, mentally abuses her and physically as well (i think when she actually did her job of taking down a hero…he threw her out a window for the trouble). people have a misconception about the 2 and i see it may have passed to the suicide squad movie.

as for the rotten tomatoes thing, get real. fan boys need to get over it that their movie is gonna get wrecked by critics. what should matter to them is not some snobbish critic’s opinion, its his job to critique films. what should matter is if they alone enjoyed it.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was just a coincidence or not, but the plot of first episode of the Hanna Barbera Smurfs cartoon was Gargamel made Smurfette to infiltrate the Smurfs so he could…well his intentions were never clear and changed from episode to episode…but as she lives among them she starts to like them and ultimately decides to help them beat Gargamel & then later Papa Smurf uses his magic to make her a full-fledged smurf. So yeah, Avatar pretty much hits all the same basic plot points.

1 Like

I’m going to put here my thoughts about Suicide squad.

SPOILER ALERT, I’M GOING TO SPOIL ALL THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEE IT.

As a comic lover, I always want to watch any film about super heroes. Even when I do not expect anything from it, like this case.

[Spoiler]
Suicide Squad fails both as film and as “creating” some short of universe for DC. The films does NOTHING for the DC universe. You could skip this film and watch BatmanVsSuperman->Justice league, and you will not be missing ANYTHING

Why does the goverment need the squad? I mean, they are already ALL in jail, and why? They are recruited for fighting against meta humans. Guess what, there are already good meta humans(Flash, Batman, Aquaman, all of them well know for Amanda Waller, who has documents and even knows the secret identity of Batman!). So they create an squad… and one of the members goes rogue and start a mess? So they are responsable of all this! And it’s so convenient either Batman, Flash or Wonder Woman doesn’t appear to save the day. The suicide squad has a secret member with omnipresent powers: The script Convenience(TSC from now). Thanks to TSC, no real hero comes to rescue, 3 helicopters(3 fucking helicopters!!) crash and nobody dies! All the squad survives the first crash, Joker survives the second, and Amanda the third. And in one piece everybody!

Also Enchantres and Incubus die in a very comical way. You create a meta human squad(from which Harley hardly offers anything that a seal couldn’t, besides being expendable, and the same goes for Captian Boomerang or Slipknot, who CLEARLY is presented as “expendable guy who we are going to kill ASAP to demostrate the bombs are real”) to deal against meta humans… and you kill both of them… with a bomb… WTF??? so you are telling me that you could launch a missile against that station, wipe it out, kill the bad guys, and avoid risking soldiers or using this group of freaks? Yeah, forget about that, TSC it’s here.

There is to much wrong in this film, and the worst part it’s the Joker. Seriously, THIS IS NOT THE JOKER. He barely laughs, he is a gang leader covered in gold jewels and tatoos incomodating people, AND NOTHING MORE. No jokes, no madness, only a perturbed guy who looks like a clown. And obsessed with Harley. He spends all the film trying to free her. He moves earth and heavens to do it. Not a mention of Batman, his nemesis, his obsession. They share an scene and nothing more. Harley SHOULD be obsessed with Joker, but not Joker with Harley. She is a tools for him, NOTHING MORE. Should he free her? Of course, but NOT AT ANY PRICE. He has no memorable lines, I could quote 4-5 lines of each previous Joker easily. This one has NOTHING.

I’m very dissappointed with this movie, because I don’t feel the comic’s magic anywhere. I feel this is a film made without passion, with two different styles(dark and funny) trying to co-exist, but failing.

When I see films like Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy, I see passion, love, I see the magic of the comic ALIVE. When I see BvsS or Suicide Squad I only see a movie which pretends to take my money just “because”.

[/Spoiler]

4 Likes

Add the spoiler tag dude, wouldn’t want to get a glimpse of your post and accidentally ruin the plot.

Stuff about stuff

1 Like

Done

2 Likes

Little too late in my case… lol.

Oh well, I’ve already seen enough reviews that most of everything that could be spoiled has.

seen enough reviews to warrant me waiting until its on netflix. though ill probably still go just to see margo robbie prance around in booty shorts.

1 Like

Watched it last night. Eh. It was fun. It has things wrong with it. But it was fun.

Well i was very entertained by Enchantresses Hula dancing.

2 Likes

Saw the movie yesterday. It was ok but you can skip it and not miss out on anything special. My main complaint is that they clearly focused on a group of characters while leaving others practically in the dust and even from within the whole Suicide Squad itself. Not gonna say who but you will be able to tell when you see it.

The thing that I did like is that they acknowledged that the old Harley Quinn and Joker costumes exist. Just a little thing that I liked.

2 Likes

:smile: how does he feel about Michael Bay movies?

1 Like

You know the answer to that.:smile:

For the record, I’m okay with mindless action too as long as it doesn’t take itself too seriously and pretend to be art.

1 Like

That’s why I like some of the later Mission Impossible movies. They know what they’re doing, and they have fun with it. It’s basically just a fun vehicle to put on elaborate heist scenes.

This is how I feel too.

A lot of movies based on 80’s properties do bad with critics but are mostly a lot of fun to watch. I feel critics sometimes have a hard time seperating fun from high art…