Stage Ultra Announcement

w…i…p freakouts for no reason… smh :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

wow that was akward.

IG don’t overdo it, please.

He’s not - they were actually in the stream the other day with a match I saw on the Microsoft Studios twitch

Am guessing this is the new announcer to replace Mike since they don’t have Mike anymore. It explains why in their live streams they have yet to use Mike as an announcer, it’s because he is gone. Weird that video still has Mike. So really the new announcer is filling in what Mike can’t? So a mix of both, a new announcer but really more as a fill in the gap.

Also for people saying “Why not Knock off?” am pretty sure there will be unique ones for each Stage Ultra. Stage Ultra “Cratered”, Stage Ultra “Knock Off”, Stage Ultra “Buried” for Hisako’s.

Yeah… I hate siding with the majority most of the time. But the screaming stage ultra seems unnecessary. The “cratered” part even more so. I like that IG and microsoft are pushing the boundaries for us. But I hope this doesn’t get added in.

I’d love some new intro and outro lines though.

1 Like

@Cris178 I’m not sure if I understood you right, if by “new announcer” you meant, to cover Mike’s lines, yes you’re right, but if you meant a really new announcer to entirely replace him, Adam has confirmed he’s still in.
Sorry, I couldn’t get the sentence right.

I like the scream they’ve got going at the moment (it might need a little work maybe), but above all it’s alright. I’d like to maybe have seen a stage ultra said like the original Ultimate Combo callout, but I like the idea thus far.

1 Like

Yeah, not really feelin this one :expressionless:

O_o

Okay that was…interesting.

IF it is indeed real, i think the issue with it is Lack of Consistency, as we know for a while the “New” announcer is at least 2 different guys, Mike did the sound files for everything in Season 1, but with DH’s acquisition by Amazon, they needed a Soundalike for the character announcements for Season 2 and 3, it wasnt too bad, you could barely tell that it was a different person, but this soundfile is bad because you can TELL its not Mike and it conflicts with the REAL Mike sound files.

Chris and ARIA will most likely sound much better because its the same voice actor/actress.

But honestly, i agree with one of the previous posts, remove the “STAGE ULTRA” announcement and just keep it the default Ultra announcement and have the “Cratered” come afterwards, or “Banished” or “Knock Off” (whatever it is for whatever stage)

5 Likes

I like the Cratered bit, but the Stage Ultra sound is just…eyargh

Seriously, as others have suggested, this is most likely an early April Fool’s joke

Especially with this spontaneous “preview” in combination with the timing.

1 Like

If Keits jump in at some point and go “It’s a prank, bruh!” I won’t even get mad.

1 Like

1 Like

If the word crater is kept please make the airplane actually create a crater or some kind of damage to the ground…

Even if it takes the airplane dragging the character from view into a special animation to better show the “crater” damage. From what I see “splattered” fits better

1 Like

I don’t understand how they got Chris but can’t get Mike. Isn’t Chris also working with another studio?

Also wow, this is the first time I’ve seen so much untied backlash. Even the 3 stages announcement had more of a mixed reaction than this!

Not every stage ultra is the same, each one has it’s own announcements and obviously will sound different depending on the announcer you choose.

Has anyone confirmed this as real or fake?

I’ll wait until April 1st

This is actually a stroke of genius. Putting out this video, showing the “Stage Ultra” shout at a time like this. If it gets an overall negative reaction, IG could just take it out of the build and go “He-hey, April Fools, y’all! Wasn’t that fun? Heh-eh…”. XD