Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

Ladies and gentlemen the wait for the announcement of a cult classic from THQ (now THQ Nordic) is finally over, Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is coming to current platforms and PC along with Multiplayer and cut content from the original.

Trailer-

2 Likes

I… huh… buh… WHY?!?

I remember my younger sister used to ask me to play this for her because the robots scared her. I wound up 100% completing it on the original Xbox as a result.
Probably won’t be bad with a graphical update and bonus content.

2 Likes

Because this was the best selling Spongebob games ever made.

This is odd, didn’t think Nickelodeon would care enough to let them revive this game. But over the years I’ve heard people say this is actually a good game (despite being licensed, which is usually a death sentence) so good for those who wanted it. Hopefully the multiplayer is co-op modes, I don’t see anything else surviving the tides.

Also this is good because it shows they are reviving old games faster than I thought. Hopefully Timesplitters is soon, a PC release of that with mod support would be amazing.

1 Like

Well I saw some more recent news from THQ Nordic and they’re gonna announce 2 more classic games and they’ve got to be Timesplitters and Destroy All Humans.

I don’t know. I wouldn’t mind Nicktoons Unite getting the remake collection treatment. Maybe then, all the games can actually be good!

But seriously, I don’t really care about this. I might pick it up just to try it but… something like this happening usually means the trend is dying. And Banjo hasn’t even gotten one yet. :frowning:

I don’t know, Blood got a re-release. And then the Castlevania Collection happened recently. And the Banjo games were re-released via Rare Replay/Backward Compatible (something we can’t say about many other games).

I think the re-release trend still has some life in it, at least enough for a few good games. Plus for some studios like NightDive all they do is re-releases of old PC games, so someone will keep fighting on either way.

Not necessarily the re-release thing. That’s not a trend. I’m talking about Crash/Spyro style, from the ground up super faithful remakes. Like this one for example. I still want to see it happen with Banjo-Kazooie and Sonic Adventure, but if SpongeBob is already doing it then that means the trend is on its last legs.

It’s not really a trend because the video game community asks for this type of stuff all the time if theres a game they want to interact with after 15 or so years they tell the developers and or publishers to bring those Pacific games back. So I dont understand why you see it as a trend because it’s not.

They recently confirmed a remake of Destroy All Humans:

Also the first time it’ll have a PC release. Hoping Timesplitters is next on their list.

2 Likes