Spinal endings

I have been playing through this game and loving it. However I have run into a problem with Spinals endings. When I beat the story mode with spinal I can only unlock the 3rd ending. The first one will not unlock and all it tells me is to beat the game like most other fighters first ending. Is there more to it. Do I have to beat the game on a higher difficulty? Or could it be that maybe I end up finishing a fight with 100% shadow efficiency (I think that unlocks his third ending) and it always defaults to the third ending even if its already been unlocked?

Sorry I meant the Xbox one version. In the story mode there is 3 different endings you can unlock. I’m trying to unlock the first ending of three in the newest version of KI.

Try forcing the issue by finishing story mode with Spinal on the lowest permissible difficulty level corresponding to each ending you haven’t unlocked yet. (Although they did change the difficulty naming, so you might need to mess around a bit if they didn’t relabel these.)

Also, it saddens me that Spinal doesn’t have a joke ending a la his classic KI endings in new KI. :frowning:

1 Like

It took me a little time and a few rematches to Sadira but I beat Spinal’s story mode on hard and it unlocked his first ending.

I guess its good for anyone new to the game to know that since it doesn’t tell you to beat the game on hard, and it wouldn’t unlock on easy. Thanks for the response.