Spamming shagos in the corner

As a Shago main, I’ll say this. Shadow Jago is a zoner with poor close range capability and even poorer offensive capability. When I play Shago, I’ll defend until my opponent gets too greedy with blockstrings then I’ll crossup divekick. Gets 'em everytime.

Once I got an angry message from a player on Xbox live telling me I was spamming him. I told him I was just playing the game…

My point is other than crossup divekick and push kick into pizza cutter, there’s really not much else you can do with Shago at close range…

i disagree.
that fireball is literally his only zoning tool so i wouldnt consider him a zoner.

if anything shago has more tools than jago when it comes to close range. sure his fireballs are usless at close range, but that doesnt mean his close range game isnt strong. his mashable crouching LK is not something glacius has and that overhead is pretty quick too. most importantly his dash cancel is super powerful. i get hit with that grab all the time

I guess it’s just my playstyle. But I like to play a really defensive Shago, if any of his close range attacks are blocked,the recovery time is huge and he’ll get punished hard.

When I fight Shago I feel like I’m playing Mortal Kombat, and not in a good way.

Sorry, I just don’t buy this at all.

2 Likes

He may seem really good, but everything he does is super unsafe. Once you learn to block his attacks, it’s all over.

“just block” is a lot easier said than done for a character that moves like he does

1 Like

Mindgames. If a Shadow Jago is jumping a lot, what are the chances he will go for crossup divekick? Learn how the community plays him, then counter effectively. He’s really not that good.

I assure you, I’m working on it. I just don’t like the inconsistency he’s showing me right now, and as a Tusk player, Shago has a way of slipping through the cracks at the most irritating moments. Sure, if he’s jumping a lot I can smack him out of the air, but my problem is the grounded teleports, the ■■■■■■■ tele-slide, and his cancelable overhead. That ■■■■ is so fast I find myself unable to block it even when I suspect it’s coming. God damn that slide.
I’ve blocked a ton of moves from this guy and he still manages to come out first, and meatying him is a nightmare.

I get that he’s a lot of smoke and mirrors, but that ■■■■ is actually effective when used at the right moment.
I’m not saying he’s impossible, as I just beat a Killer Shago as I’m typing this, but god damn is this fight straight annoying.
You have to realize how saying “he’s not that good, just beat him” is lousy advice for this sort of thing.
“all those things he’s doing to you, he’s not actually good at, it’s all an illusion.”

Also doesn’t help that every Shago I fight is feeling themselves every step of the way.

2 Likes

It would have helped to know what character you were playing way earlier. And to be honest, it changes a lot about the arguement. First of all: Don’t try to anti air Shago! Tusk being as slow as he is, a child could see Tusk’s anti air options. All Shadow Jago has to do when he suspects an anti air is heavy divekick. Boom, full combo. Your problem is that you are expecting way more from people then, “just block”. I’m telling you to learn the matchup, I mained Shago from his launch date and I can tell you that learning to block his ridiculously fast attacks is the key to success.

Take some stuff to the lab, Tusk is slow and Shago is way too fast! You have to account for that by blocking or mastering Tusk’s weird parry system. It’s still a new matchup for everyone so how can you expect people to tell you how to win right now?

1 Like

Pretty sure I mentioned anti airing him wasn’t the problem.

Anyways, the point is the guy’s mix up potential is annoyingly effective, that is all.