So, Will The New Lvl 4 Enders Be Optional?

I hate to say I’m allergic to it, but that’s kid a how it sounds huh? :sweat_smile: But yeah it kinda bugged me. I’m not talking “I can’t play this” sort of bugged me, but it gradually turned from “Oooooh!” to “NNNNNYYEEH” for me, if that makes sense.

I look forward to a hypoallergenic version. That’d be swell. It just bugs my special eyes.

1 Like

I hope so but that seems unlikely. It’s obvious they want to emphasize level 4 enders. I don’t like them at all. They serve no competitive value and might actually negatively influence competitive play for some.

The camera moving around so much and panning in and out is distracting and disorienting to me. I feel it takes away the “flow” of the match and might even serve to confuse my timings if I want to go after an immediate setup.

Timings remain the same but my eyes are seeing something intrusive and disorienting happening with the camera, and my mind is not processing this information as the “same timing” despite being the same timing.

I would much prefer a more stationary approach camera wise. Maybe make the emphasis on the hits or sounds or something else for dramatization. The rotating camera is very off putting for me.

Since there’s already a whole thread talking about Lvl 4 enders, this one is basically just unnecessary.

I’m pretty much in agreement with @MrxFlutterShy. They can’t toggle every little thing in the game, unless you want them to spend all their time implementing toggles instead of making the game.

Lvl 4 enders are not all that frequent and the effect doesn’t last any longer than the old level 4 enders. It’s interesting that compared to the crazy fuzzy blobs that obscure everything happening in a KI2 level 4 ender that people would get so upset about this.

2 Likes

Well the competitively we almost never see anything more than a level 2 ender. If the whole “one chance break into set up” style continues to dominate competitive play then the effect doesn’t even really matter.

Also back in season 1 at the DH forums.

I personally think everything looks great so far. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think KI needs to look like it has some absurdly high budget or ridiculous graphics. It has it’s own style and art direction and I think “the look” of everything in this game fits that very well. It looks kind of grimy and gritty, but at the same time it’s gorgeous too.

2 Likes

I hope so too. They look cheap for some reason but they’ll probably polish it

2 Likes

There is some real potential for these Enders, just needs some refinement and polishing before being done. As of right now, they can be overly distracting and may become a slight annoyance after long-term use. Maybe darken the mist and smoothen the transition. Just hope they don’t just throw it out there like it is now.

1 Like

What you described is the TEXTBOOK definition of:

“It will just take a minute to get used to.”

The new animations are clearly meant to be more “hype” and more “anime”. The Anime fandom and the FGC are VERY closely related. I hat Anime, but i agree that anime-inspired animations and themes DO add a lot of hype to fighting games.

Just think about “hit stop”! What happens when an anime character gets hit in an anime show?

(a different form of hitstop happens.)

Also remember how many people raged when they added hit stop to the game?

And they actually toned down the amount of hit-stop due to community feedback, alot of people didn’t like it.

hit stop is in like very fighting game ever.

This is how I feel.
I personally like the style Ki has more than MK X, eventhough that game is gorgeous too.

But lets be real, we havent really seen ‘bad’ graphics in a game in years. Ever since the moment HD games truly started to shine towards the end of the 360/ps3 era there has been a base level of quality to most games. People just cant help compairing to the latest shiny game thats out…

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here as my response:

And personally, the new shadow enders look baaaaaaaaaaad.

My take on this is that it will not.

If one person has it turned off, there’s always the chance that the other person has it turned on and I think that’ll cause issues on both ends.

1 Like

Can any of the devs( if you can ) tell me will there possibly be an option to turn these off I don’t want to be forced into the animation, Not feeling it and the purple shadows I hope there’s one for that too.

Another one?

If there’s a post similar I’m sure they will move it

Why woudl that be an issue if the timings and spacing afterwards are exactly the same? You play it on one screen, don’t play it on another, but gameplay wise, the effect is exactly the same.

PaulB and GamerLCD have talked against it