So what's next for Raam?

To clarify:
Plus is ALWAYS good for whom has the advantage.
Negative is bad.

Rare situations may arise where a character can take advantage of being at negative frames, but these are, by an incredible margin, the exception. I think what may have confused you is when @Dayv0 mentioned that RAAM contains some exceptions.

Truly, this is the fate of many a character-specific thread around here. However, we aren’t wholly off-topic, as there is a sharing of (basic) information, and “what’s next for RAAM” (in my belief) is a leveling up of his playerbase.

So it IS relative to the attacker and defender… Yep, that’s the wrench in the chain for me. I can never remember which is relevant since people often talk about them interchangeably.

Also, sorry about this OP…

One of those characters is raam actuallt. Having a 1 frame shadow command grab significantly mitigates the -3 disadvantage from medium decimation, letting you beat out beat people trying to press buttons afterwards. Bonus points if you have kryll on them when you grab them since that shoots the damage up

Might get beat by a throw if you do it too late, but theres a little bit of a buffer so it’s not too hard to get it immediately.

would be nice if grabs were actually throw invicible like training data still says they are…

That’s what I said. :disappointed_relieved:

Won’t that whiff if you tried it though due to block stun? It happens to me all of the time (not necessarily with decimation though; mostly it’s blocked normals)…

youre probaby cancelling the decimation. You can cancel regular specials into shadow specials. You have to delay the shadow command grab so it doesnt whiff

3 Likes

The number is usually refered to the offense. If a move is -10, is always refering to the offense, never to the defense, so who performed that move will be -10 frames after a block

That’s the key part

3 Likes

this applies to normals too. you have to stagger inputs so it doesn’t cancel

1 Like

Ah, I see… Yeah, I’m not much for delays. I want to get moves out. It’s kind of ironic, because it’s KI that spoiled me with cancels once I figured it out. I used to wait all of the time in other FGs… Now I actually find them harder to play, because I don’t want to wait anymore due to how fast KI is…

Okay, I understand (for the most part), but what is actually happening? The move itself isn’t actually losing 10 frames, which would actually make it safer. It’s just that they won’t be able to act for 10 frames once blocked, giving their opponent the opportunity to punish with something with fewer frames, right?

I feel like when someone says -10, you have to remove or subtract it from something, but nothing is actually getting removed or subtracted. What’s actually happening, I think (and why I’m so confused - feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here), is the opposite. 10 frames are actually being added to the move due to the block (otherwise the move would simply complete in its normally-listed recovery frames).

Either that, or it’s not added either. It just IS.

Blockstun. Being -10 means your move’s blockstun ends 10 frames faster than your move’s recovery ends

The +/- value is the difference between your opponents blockstun and your recovery frames.

BS - R = adv

@KagekaAkumu Jinx!

But that applies to the defender though, right? It’s their block-stun vs. the recovery of your attack, but it’s your attack that applies the block-stun. Your attack is removing 10 frames from your recovery and adding it to their block-stun?

blockstun is on your opponent yes. All frame data assumes youre the one attacking. So it’s their blockstun versus your recovery

Re-read my last reply.

Example:

Aganos ruin is -60 on block. When it’s blocked, Aganos performs a large and slow animation of him stopping from the ruin animation, recovering himself. During this animation, the defender can move freely, while Aganos is performing that animation he can’t skip

So the -60 frames are Aganos recovering himself into neutral

If you block a move that is +8, means that the move ends and you are still in the blocking animation. For example:
Aganos peforms a shadow payload asault. You block it, and Aganos can move freely while you block it. Let’s assume it’s +60(JUST FOR EXAMPLE, DON’T PANIC @MDMMORNING). Then if you block it, Aganos is moving during 60 frames while you are in the block stun animation

2 Likes

Lets go with lightdecimation. Light decimations has 33 frames recovery. It is a -7 move. This means that the blockstun it inflicts on your opppnent if it hits on the first frame will end on frame 26, 7 frames before light decimation recovers

@Dayv0’s example didn’t help. I understand those moves are unsafe and safe, in their respective examples (unsafe for attacker with blocked ruin, but safe for defender but safe for attacker with blocked payload and unsafe for defender). My understanding doesn’t go beyond that.

Which 1 was decimation - is that the grab or stab? Raam’s moves are so simple I refer to them as grab, stab, kryll, and stomp. I only recently differentiated kryll shield from kryll charge, and emergence. Never been good with remembering move names unless it’s a character I truly understand and have practiced with extensively.

stab, how would a grab but someone in blockstun anyways?

Hello

2 Likes