So still no update on W10 for the fight sticks?

Yeah i share the same opinion. Never trust on random sites. But since i only have the TE2 i needed to risk, and so far no problems. But if u have others fightsticks u can use then yeah better w8 for the official drivers. If the rumours are correct we will get them next month with the redstone update.

The drivers are in the current W10 preview (redstone), so if you were in preview, you could try them out.

We donā€™t have an ETA for when that build is going out to everyone ā€“ thatā€™s up to the Windows 10 team.

3 Likes

Next month. Its the windows 10 anniversary update (Redstone) as they call. The update is labeled 1607, 16 for year and 07 for month. Last one was 1511 and was released at november 2015. But no one can be sureā€¦

The ā€œrandomā€ site is Major Nelsons blogā€¦

I donā€™t trust that guy. Did you see the purple sport coat he had on at E3?

Tool

Ok, so hereā€™s a question: will the win10 update cause the ā€œhapticā€ button on the KI TE2 stick to actually do something, or will expecting it to actually work for once just be a fleeting fantasy?

1 Like

I believe haptic is for the led buttons

Yeah, from what Iā€™ve been told, if the fightstick recieves ā€œhapticā€ feedback itā€™s supposed to make the ledā€™s flash. But so far it doesnā€™t do anything. Iā€™ve got in touch with Madcatz customer service about it before, but they werenā€™ttelling me anything we donā€™t already know.

1 Like

Itā€™s because KI doesnā€™t have rumble support currently. If it did, the LEDs would flash.

Iā€™m not so sure about that. Iā€™ve hooked it up to several games that did have rumble support via a cronusmax adapter, and even then it didnā€™t do anything.

Iā€™m really starting to think that at one point in itā€™s production they were going to have it light up via rumble, but once they found out KI didnā€™t have rumble support, it was somewhat too late, so they just dropped any further work on getting the rumble lights to work, and then labeled it ā€œhapticā€ instead so they could just tell people that it works in response to haptic feedbackā€¦which of course the XB1 doesnā€™t haveā€¦because honestly I really think the average gamer doesnā€™t even know what haptic really means, just some technobabble that tells you you the game will do something to your controller that makes it more immersive.

The Xbox One does have it, I can assure of that. Itā€™s possibly/probably the adaptor that youā€™re using that might be causing issues with that button/mode. Iā€™ve heard reports of people having it working but I canā€™t verify it for myself of course.

What games do you know of that support haptic feedback?? Just curiousā€¦

I think you gotta program the led board

ā€œHapticā€ is just any form of non verbal (or sound based) communication. So all the games that rumble have haptic feedback. I donā€™t know why we call it haptic now, although I guess you canā€™t call blinking lights ā€œrumble.ā€

I seem to recall they had the haptic lights working in an earlier (pre release) build of the game, but I could be wrong. I agree that this is aggravating. If they would make the lights flash to the tune of an ultra combo how awesome would that be?

I do know thisā€¦I have tested it with a cronusmax on 360/PC games that do have rumble, like Injustice for example, and the haptic setting wouldnā€™t do anything. A regular XB1 controller will with the cronusmax, but not the TE2. However setting it up as a 360 input wouldnā€™t let the shoulder button motors work, so maybe it would be connected to them?

What Microsoft reefers to with haptic feedback is the rumble they have in their triggers on the Xbox One controller, so it makes sense with the X360 shoulder stuff not being the same via your adapter.

And yesā€¦ I donā€™t really think that much about vibrations on controllers in general, but know for a fact that it is used VERY much in all the Xbox One Forza games, and with GREAT impactā€¦ you can actually now feel the grip on the road when braking and turning, and a little of the engine rpmā€¦ LOVE haptic feedback in those games

Just going to say his purple coat, tie & shirt combo was LEGIT. Red wasnā€™t his thing, but dat purple was glorious.

1 Like