So I found this Cheetos commercial

This is a Cheetos commercial in the Philippines. All I can say is just watch it. You’ll be surprised, especially that one part

14 Likes

It’s official now if it wasn’t before, KI is part of pop culture.

2 Likes

Not sure that’s directly KI related. A ton of games have combo counters. That actually reminds me more of the Marvel vs Capcom coutner than KI’s.

1 Like

1 Like

A Street Fighter reference and a small Killer Instinct reference. Got it.

2 Likes

Ehh, it’s probably more a reference to the combo breaker phrase than KI itself. “C c c c combo breaker!” has actually been a meme for years, since about 2005 I think. It got to the point where people didn’t even know (and a lot to this day still don’t know) that it’s a reference to Killer Instinct.

3 Likes

It’s always been.

2 Likes

I think a Tekken reference, too though it may be far-fetched.

1 Like

Combo Breaker!!! Was also in an episode of that Amazing World Of Gumball cartoon once too, but sadly it seems many people don’t even know that is from KI originally. Or at least I think it was the first fighter with combo breakers.

1 Like

Little fact about this commercial that I doubt you’ll care about.

In the Philippines, there’s this thing called “love teams” where they basically pair up two people and pretty much film everything with them together. These two are an example of one and I’ve seen one of their movies. I can’t remember what it’s called though lol

Well, to boot, I live in the Philippines. That “love team” in that commercial is called LizQuen. And these are the movies they starred in…

• Just the Way You Are (2015)
  • Everyday I Love You (2015)
  • My Ex and Whys (2017)

Maybe one of those movies I’ve listed is the one you have seen…

Really cool and neat reference to Killer Instinct there :slight_smile: :grin:
Supreme Victory! Ultra Victory! :sunglasses:

1 Like

For us to know we would have to find out
what game plays the most there.

Something tells me the guys who
made the commercial know of KI.

2 Likes

Cool.

2 Likes