Small Shadow Lords Quality of Life Improvement Suggestions

1. Let us choose who to fight with next if we finish a match and have other fighters assigned to the mission.

2. Have chests spew their contents into the air in a random feeze-frame pattern and then be absorbed by the player (synergizes with point 3) instead of throwing them down on the ground.

3. Color chest item drops by their rarity instead of having them all yellow. With point 2 the player gets a nice quick overview of all the rarities of the items the chest dropped before absorbing them.

4. Unless it’s there and I missed it: the SL tutorial should inform the player that letting a character sit out a turn heals them by 50% for free. I didn’t find this out until near the end of my first SL playthrough due to random tool-tips. This isn’t information that should be in a tool-tip and nowhere else.

5. Daily rewards don’t explicitly state that the ‘multiplayer’ matches you have to win/play have to be SL multiplayer matches.

6. I feel that the titles of the sub-menus in the Archives would be more intuitively placed at the bottom of the picture panels instead of at the top. This is due to the ‘x/x Items Completed’ and the ‘A Select B Back’ drawing the eyes to the bottom of the screen.

7. It would be much easier to remember/identify what some of the enemy buffs are if they all had unique icons rather than all using exactly the same icon thereby making having an icon at all; pointless. Currently, Gargos buffs do this so there’s a precedent.

8. The game doesn’t make it clear if Guardians ever drop. So far I’ve not had any drop and considering the Emporium is so full of Guardian packs I imagine they don’t drop at all.

EDIT:

1. I would like the option to un-bind ‘use consumable’ from pushing right on the right stick if it is a ‘feature’ and not a bug as I’ve heard.

2. When we’re spending or trading items or materials for something: tell us how many of that item/material we have in total. I feel like this is a no-brainer.

2 Likes

I did not know about the self-healing property in #4. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. Agree. If you go in with multiple fighters against multiple opponents, I would like there to be a choice between who I want to play with against my second opponent.

2. Might reduce the time spent by a smidge, but I don’t feel like its worth it because you absorb them automatically anyway.

3. I like the idea, but don’t really see the need. Its only a dew moments until you find out what you’ve unlocked and they’re color-coded AFAICR.

4. Yeah, this should have been in there somewhere. But I found out when I was trying to enter a mission with Riptor with about 60-70% health and the tooltip popped up.

5. They’re daily rewards only for SL though, it isn’t shown anywhere else so an explicit statement seems unnecessary.

6. Dunno about this one, I’m ok with where it is right now though.

7. I would like specific Icons but I don’t know if its that important. Seems like as long as you read what the conditions do when it shows up the first time, you should be fine.

8. I don’t think Guardians ever drop, which is a little sad.

Nice stuff, I like some of the suggestions.

1 Like

It’s more to make it a cleaner visual effect than anything. In the interests of time and budget it’s not worth changing. I’d argue that since the chest drops don’t have any color the fact that they spew out and litter the ground before being absorbed is pointless and wastes time. The only information the player gets from it is the number of drops.

True. However, we now have two menu options titled ‘Multiplayer’. One on the main menu and one from within the Shadow Lords sub-menu. And on top of that Shadow Lords Multiplayer has two different names depending on which menu you’re in. This doesn’t seem like it’s a big deal but it’s needlessly inconsistent and could lead to confusion and furstration - although propbably not much.

It’s not that important but considering some people remember pictures better than words and vice-versa it makes sense to have both.

This probably has something to do with balance, gameplay or microtransaction wise, but it would be nice if the game told us regardless.

And point 9) I would like the option to un-bind ‘use consumable’ from pushing right on the right stick if it is a ‘feature’ and not a bug as I’ve heard.

And 10) When we’re spending or trading items or materials for something: tell us how many of that item/material we have in total. I feel like this is a no-brainer.

You can actually get Guardians by completing missions but you must be VERY LUCKY with that, I got once a Fractured Ward and a Ram rare level Guardians, then again is better just get enough Astral Gems for the packs.

Maybe its possible, I just haven’t encounteted it. Still on my first run through with Jago, Kim and Orchid, up to day 45 I think. Basically just hoarding stuff to beat Gargos on a higher difficulty.

1 Like