Skeletal's Ranked Challenge: Introduction & Poll Thread

We had a very small vote turnout this time around; considering the Mira thread didn’t seem to have a lot of traffic, I’m actually thinking this might be the final month I do this. I’m not sure whether my Ranked Challenges are actually that interesting or insightful for the rest of you (do I need to post losses, as well?) and if people aren’t interested in voting or participating in the character thread anymore, I will just do these privately off-forum, though I will continue uploading clips.

The winner of the June character poll is TJ Combo! I will be playing TJ in Ranked, as well as some Gargos if I feel like I need a break from “Mr Fist”-ing.

Look for a Skeletal Ranked Challenge thread in TJ’s forum section this afternoon, and please share whatever feedback you might have regarding whether I should continue running these Ranked Challenges here on the forums!

2 Likes

Don’t give this up man, it’s really interesting.

TJ it’s a MU I struggle sometimes, so I gladly will fight against your TJ if you want, so we can improve together!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We can certainly play at some point; if I don’t respond to an invite directly, send me a message and I’ll let you know what my plan is, in case I’m going to do something else or don’t have time.

I don’t intend to give up doing the Challenges, as I really feel like I’m growing in experience and confidence over time, and I know for a fact that after having played Mira, Gargos, and Kim for a while I am more capable of reading what they will do when I am playing AGAINST them. It’s raising my break game, too.

The question I’m struggling with is whether it’s worthwhile to continue these threads, since it looks like traffic to them is decreasing steadily. I don’t want to be beating my chest screaming “LOOK AT ME PLAY INTERMEDIATE LEVEL KI!” alone in a room, I’m actually looking for advice, feedback, even just to hear that what I’m doing is helpful to someone; @NtropicByDesign and @AppleBandito have both mentioned plans to run their own sort of challenge after seeing the Kim thread.

I don’t need pats on the back all the time, but during the Kim thread I really did enjoy the back-and-forth discussion of my matches and strategies. I can see why what I’m posting might not be of major interest to everybody, so if the interest isn’t really there I might just keep uploading to Youtube without doing votes and challenge threads here on the forums. I plan to take whatever feedback I get here or in the TJ thread throughout the month into consideration, and I’ll decide when it comes time to post up the July character poll.

For me is interesting seeing all posted because sometimes I’m moving between places and I like to read the forum. I like to read your “journey” across the diferent characters, it’s pretty inspiring.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Don’t worry. We got you! I’ll be there to help, as well as the rest of the community! :smile:

1 Like

TJ thread: Skeletal’s Ranked Challenge Month Three: TJ Combo!
Like I said, the challenges and clips will continue, it’s just a question whether there’s enough community interest/input/feedback to warrant a poll and thread here on the forums every single month!

1 Like

It hardly seems like it, but it’s time for the new monthly Character Poll!

The TJ Combo Challenge was highly successful, resulting in a run from Qualifier all the way to Killer! I actually liked TJ so much that I will be playing him pretty regularly from here on out. I have a lot of things to improve, but I feel like I have a good enough TJ that I can confidently call him one of my mains.

This month’s poll hasn’t changed much from the last; all I did was replace TJ Combo with Spinal. As was pointed out many times in the last couple weeks (mostly in Twitch streams) it’s pretty odd that a player named Skeletal wouldn’t be capable of playing Spinal! Spinal’s got some crazy elements to him, so that will take some work to coordinate.

• Arbiter
  • Orchid
  • Spinal
  • Tusk

0 voters

Please toss me a vote, and help me decide who I should learn and play for the month of July! The poll will run until the morning of July 1st, which gives you a week to make your choice!

Let’s keep these Challenges running!

Gonna say Tusk.

Because, you know,vikings!

Arbiter, because he looks awesome and grenade pressure is dirty :smile::thumbsup:

1 Like

Spinal because your name is skeletal and HOW HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED THIS CHARACTERS YET LMAO

Well, to be clear, I played a bunch of Spinal when I first got the game in June 2014; I bought his $5 solo pack and played with him, but was terrible because I didn’t understand ANYTHING about the game.

I played him a little later on after I had more knowledge, but I struggled to make him work. I think I’m reaching a point now where (with community assistance) I may be able to learn his deeper ins and outs. Maybe someone will be able to teach me how things like his run/skull cancel mechanics work.

So far, “cancel” mechanics in general elude my understanding.

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, though, because it’s possible that Spinal will still be on the bench if the vote doesn’t go his way.

1 Like

Spinal…well…because Skeletal? It just fits!

1 Like

Five days left to vote, everybody! It’s close between Spinal and Tusk, but it’s possible for someone else to overtake them!

If you haven’t already, please vote and voice your opinion; I may ask around for some guidance as well, once the winner is determined.

1 Like

Less than 48 hours to vote!

Cast your vote before June becomes July, and help break up this three-way tie!

Tusk Tusk Tusk

The Watchman of the Gods has won the July Character Poll!

Thanks to everyone who voted! Look for the Tusk Challenge thread at the following link, and be sure to come back during the final week of July to help me decide who to play in August!

Skeletal's Ranked Challenge Month Four: Tusk!

2 Likes

Booooo! I wanted Arbiter! Hiss!

1 Like

spoiler alert, I really want to play Arbiter!

He might be a constant choice in the polls until he gets picked, honestly.

SPINAL! we want the skeletal skeleton

Knowing this, I will vote against him forever!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA