Shots into Shadow

I’m consistently getting broken and punished for shooting my opponent and then using a follow-up shadow move. It’s a normal into a special, so why is the shadow move instantly breakable as if it was an opener-ender when it so clearly is not? Normally you can’t even combo the shots unless it’s into other shots (which isn’t even a true combo) or unless you’re willing to spend the meter for a cool down cancel. I assume there’s a gameplay balance reason for this, but if so, I’m not seeing it…

First - the gunshots qualify the string for projectile>manual rules, so any non-projectile hit after gunshot xx is breakable. For example, if in close range you gunshot xx cooldown ~ f.HPxx… the f.HP would be breakable.

Second- EX.Dash is currently bugged so as to breakable from virtually all ranges. I assume it should be breakable point-blank and from the combo system as an EX.Linker, but it is breakable from halfscreen or farther. It also runs out of projectile invincibility after the freeze, so it’s not good for getting through fireballs. Actually, currently, there’s virtually no reason to use EX.Dash outside of very specific juggle scenarios.

I hope they fix it soon, but they’re probably gonna wait to comb over him for several months.

2 Likes

I’ve realized that I made a mistake with my initial testing. I set the AI in training to break all, but only shots into dp is opener-ender breakable. Other shadow moves post-shot are still breakable, but by traditional means (the 1, 2, 3 method). So, it’s not as bad as I initially thought. Furthermore, despite the risk involved, I found a way in if I have meter, so that’s a plus.