Shadowlords Community Challenge

2 Likes

Rules for this challenge:

Easy version: (not really that easy)
Godlike difficulty
3 man team allowed
No buffs allowed (no consumables, no guardians)
Gargos must have ALL Omen buffs!

Hard version:
Godlike difficulty
Only 1 character allowed
No buffs allowed (no consumables, no guardians)
Gargos must have ALL Omen buffs!

Good Luck! Post your challenge videos here!

1 Like

I’d rather just wait until Gargos’ AI doesn’t actually let you win before I attempt something like this.

I watched your 1 person run and you just pinned Gargos in the corner and slaughtered him.

It took me 25 trys to get this result… I’d hardly say the current AI “lets you win”. Does the AI need to be adjusted? … yes a little bit which I believe the IG team is already aware of that from the guy who posted the video perfecting the current AI. If you would like to do this challenge or not is up to you. You were part of the reason this challenge was inspired, the guy who perfected the AI was the other inspiration. When I first beat the mode originally on godlike you were in my stream and said “now beat him with all the buffs” and “just put on a guardian and consumables” and I was still having trouble with those settings. So I used EVEN HARDER settings…no consumables… no guardians…and I did it. With that being said… please keep any further negativity to yourself. Thanks! I supose I have to do it again if they change the AI. Trying to do something fun for the community. Good luck anyone who wants to try before or after AI gets altered.

Fair enough. Sorry if I offended you.

It’s just that usually when I fight Gargos, it usually goes with me trapping him in the corner with frame traps until he gets instinct, then sweeping him to death. Works for 75% of the match.

1 Like

With the right buffs anyone can perfect on godlike. I have done it 4 times.

He had no buffs(no consumables, no guardians) he just tricked the current AI with sweep and command grab and it worked, but regardless I’m sure he didn’t get it first try. I digress, I just want to see other people do this. Pin him down, do command grab/sweep loops, ect. Whatever you have to do? I want to see what ev1 else can do and if they can accomplish this goal. AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!

1 Like

I’ll be doing it. Haha

1 Like

Hard version. Because why have a life when I can do this? Ha

2 Likes

it took me right under 3 hours. You don’t need to sacrifice your life for this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seems like a nice challenge indeed. I’ll give it a try. I dind’t know you can go with just one character though.

2 Likes

This idea seems fun for something to do, but it seems more like luck than skill. Not to be a jerk or ruin what you do are trying to do, but you repeating the challenge until Gargos had the right 5 buffs that you can win with. To me that is no more skillful than me using a buff, so I can beat him with whatever buffs he has.

Now I am not bashing your skill as a player vs other human players. I have seen you play and you are good. AI is just based more on luck than skill

1 Like

I feel eventually you will be able to beat him with whatever buffs he has. My “easy mode” challenge he had heart, veins, blood spirit, fang. My “hard mode” challenge he had heart, claw, spirit, wings, fang. It doesn’t matter which 5 he will have whenever you get lucky enough to beat him. Look at this as similar to playing an old boss from the arcades on hardest difficulty, eventually if you are skillful enough you will squeeze one through. It’s always luck. The AI is meant to be torturous and is meant to beat you. It’s always been based on luck and not skill. Whether it be exploiting a glitch, relentless corner pressure ect. even the most skillful player in the world will not beat this first try, ever. period. That’s just good boss AI. If they do, the developers messed up.

1 Like

This is why I like fighting Gargos now, feeling the old times bosses AI gives me determination to keep trying more and more.