Shadow Lords Impressions Thread

I agree with this, after having played it (beat Gargos, but just barely, and that was thanks to really good RNG card packs that got me a good guardian)

Suggestions on ways you could speed it up:

• The “mission options” choice animation could be sped up or perhaps removed entirely.
  • Being able to skip past the “versus screen” characters loading in (it takes a while for the person you’re using versus the person you’re fighting against to show up, but the quotes and buffs/debuffs still show up)

I’ll add a little more later; giving my hands a rest from all the fighting I did.

How are they determining, you gets access, and who doesn’t? If you’ve ever said anything bad about KI?

They haven’t even removed the wait for the ranked bar to fill up. You can’t search for another match until the dumb animation is over.

Here’s something else I want you guys to make clear.

When I was looking through the Archive, I saw that there was an unlockable cutscene for Gargos that seemed to suggest that I would have to play as Gargos and beat Boss Gargos to unlock it.

So I went in with Gargos as my captain, and I ended up beating Boss Gargos with Shago cause I thought that would count. It didn’t.

I’d appreciate if that was better explained.

[quote=“SonicDolphin117, post:26, topic:13787, full:true”]
Here’s something else I want you guys to make clear.

When I was looking through the Archive, I saw that there was an unlockable cutscene for Gargos that seemed to suggest that I would have to play as Gargos and beat Boss Gargos to unlock it.

So I went in with Gargos as my captain, and I ended up beating Boss Gargos with Shago cause I thought that would count. It didn’t.

I’d appreciate if that was better explained.
[/quote]They’ve said Eyedol is getting a full quest chain later on, odds are that’s who you have to beat. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember it saying something about defeating an imposter, though…

I suppose that might make sense, but not as much.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people think this game needs to be a race.

Not trying to argue, obviously a lot of people are in a hurry but for me I just don’t get it.

1 Like

Anyone know if this pre-release version is playable offline?

I’m a bit disappointed it focuses on the s3 cast with jago, hisako and kanra getting in on it.
Tho I like the mode in itself i would’ve preferred all the the cast having cutscenes in the mode.
I like the mission options it throws up now and again.
The human mimics are excessively green, only real good one is thunder.

I hope they add different chains like an ultra tech version where you have to take them down finally or one where aria actually wins.

There is so much scope with this mode. So much can be added like colours, costumes, accessories and so on. I like unlockables like avatar outfits or exclusive backgrounds and the like.

I like that you can take your time with it and not just sprint to the finish ( tho I know you can).
Love the chest bashing and kan ras emporium.

2 Likes

I think Gargos might literally need to be the person who KOs…erm, Gargos. Then it counts. I might try it later.

Less time to wait = more time to play! Same logic with avoiding double/triple ultras.

I don’t mind scrolling through menus, but some things that take time could possibly take less time.

I don’t know, none of that stuff bugs me.

Then again I’m the type that lets the character intros play because I love watching them.

1 Like

So does pretty much everyone who was going to get it early have it now ?

So, could someone confirm whether or not our save data will carry over when this officially releases? I want to ask this question now so me and others don’t waste our KI gold.

@CStyles45 @rukizzel @BlitzedKraig

1 Like

I’m wondering when official word will go out for the actual testing and after that when the Shadow Lords beta forum will open up.

I was watching a few streams including yours, and I think one aspect you missed is the utilization of the consumables & guardians, more so regarding not limiting yourself to just one particular set up… not sure if I’m saying what I mean but basically the point of the boosts is to help your character adapt to the harder levels… we may be going in thinking were just going to fight straight up with our KI skills and one or two boosts here and there, but the point of it most likely is to utilize as much as possible, because the mimics, omen, and Gargos will definitely be using some serious boosts as the difficulty increases…

also the mode is made for novice to pro, so the free AI is for the new players to have fun against, more experience players should be in God-Like, for maximum challenge

don’t buy anything

remember it is essentially S3 story mode, I’m quite sure they will make adaptations late on, it is Shadow LORDS after all

thank you, I hate that stuff, I like to enjoy the experience, I like that they thought of the replay factor of the mode, people need to chill

1 Like

beat gargos on godlike on my second playthrough (i dont like playing jago and my kim wu is rusty. as soon as i got aganos glacius and aria/kanra/fulgore (they seem to swap out mid story), i read up on the guardians and the consumables and wham, gopt to gargos on day 12 (had to force him in with corruption increase spells cause i was handling his invasion too well…chyuh!) and he was fully debuffed minus the shadows fangs lord or whatever. Got astral plane and been blowing newbs away in lobbies with it ever since

once i got a grasp of the gaurdians and consumables, even level 5 power levels are a breeze. the “all you moves are unblockable and you get infinite shadow for 15 seconds” consumable. wow. hold on to that one, too good.