Shadow Lords Impressions Thread

My biggest complaint and the one thing they can remove from the mode is having stuff that makes you or the AI unblockable.

No.

NO NO NO!

Blocking is like one of those very very fundamental things in KI let alone fighting games. Having to pass up one mission or another because the PL4 Tusk or Mira has Rage is irritating. It’s even worse on characters like Shago or Wulf where blocking is crucial to deal with their nonsense.

Blocking may be one of the fundamentals of FGs but having modes or options that remove your ability to block for a match or 2 are just about as old as FGs themselves as well (you could probably say MK3 or 2 was the earliest). I know Soul Calibur 2’s weapon master mode was very similar to SL and there were several matches that had block removal, and the difference there is if you wanted to complete the mode & unlock everything you HAD to go through these matchups…there was no choice. At least here you get one.

& @Sasuke99I , although I’m a bit disappointed with it as well, it kinda does make sense. I mean with the Alliance and every one being on it pretty much, it makes sense that they all get a team win.

And within the game you see the consequences…for example I killed Maya with Mira after turning her. You dont really need a slide at the end, repeating it (although an alliance summery would be nice). I would like a Maya vampire skin/outfit though, since its a possible plotpoint in the game its a missed opportunity (now they simply used her retro)

Shadow Lords is the telling of one overlying story, each character doesn’t get their own ending because there is only one “ending” to the mode. Either you defeat Gargos or you die trying, yeah it sucks and I wish there were more cutscenes but it is what it is.

1 Like

Grinding like this to get no character ending turned me off so much.

LIE, this mode was advertised as seasin 3 stroy mode. After the KI novellas , no devs came to notify we will have one general ending and a few specifics. We got hyped up that we would fell the novellas in game and get story progression from where S2 left off. SFV and KI , why cant we simply get arcade mode ?

The whole mode has story scattered through it.

That said if you dont enjoy playing the mode, dont, character endings wont change the experience of the mode itself.

And if you feel the mode is grinding, I dont see why you want a lot of different endings to grind even more…

What exactly are you accusing me of lying about?

Its not a lie, there is one general story that involves the entire cast. To counter your argument, it was never “advertised” to have unique endings for each character either, you just assumed it did.

2 Likes

Well you apparently got the Shadow energy from Gargos. I want to know what the characters use it for.

Yet it was never adverstised to have a general ending for most playthroughs. It was hyped up as part arcade and part ladder plus called the season 3 story. How will anyone not expect a story mode to at least have character endings ? After all S1 and S2 had them right ? Plus the novella even re enforced the hype about the potential plot developments in SL. I said LIE because SL was not advertised to be a generic grind to gargos, rinse repeat with no plot development to keep is casauls hooked

This is what you say to people who rant. I am not a ranting person. All what I said is true, if you cant prove me wrong or even explain the idea behind this mode so I understand dont reply

Great, you don’t like the mode. You don’t like the way the story unfolds or the generalized ending, and that you feel like the devs somehow lied about it. You are entitled to your opinion. So is everyone else. But if you don’t like it fine. There’s nothing anyone has to do to prove that you are entitled to your opinion. But how about we not turn this thread into a p*ssing contest of whose opinion is more valid than the other, K? thanks. Let’s move on.

1 Like

I am not interested in your preaching. I gave my impressions on shadow lords, people replied, I simply wish to discuss my views and understand certain decisions they made in this mode. When people say " omg shadow lords is awesome" its is implied as facts and there is no problem. but when someone says something negative about the mode, you want to use the “its your opinion…” type of logic without even looking why the person is pointing it out. Let’s move on. K?

Weird echo in here.

So quick question, @developers. Why does corruption go up in a region if its a fight against a human opponent and not a Mimic? For example, i currently have 4 missions in a turn, 3 of which are against Mimics while the 4th one is against Maya who wants to challenge me for some reason. That mission is in Asia where there is also a Mimic mission. Assuming I only fight the Mimics and skip the human fight, corruption will still increase in Asia. Why?

1 Like

Good question, maybe it’s to force you to not skip them. Some times you will only have 2 mimics + 1 char battle, if corruption do not spread people will start to skip human battles to save resources. I already do this some times because these battles usually are tricks. Just use the worm in a next battle and corruption will fall greatly.

I kind of understand why it is this way gameplay-wise. But it doesn’t really make sense. If a Mimic opponent wins and spreads corruption, fine. But a human opponent who is supposed to be part of the people preventing his return somehow contributing to the corruption makes no sense. Add to that the reward of a character you wouldn’t want to have on your team (and also no count towards Mimic skins) versus the effect of spreading corruption instead, just doesn’t feel like it balances out.

1 Like

yeah i agree with you on that.

It’s a fair point. Sometimes we prioritize simplicity so that players can enjoy the ruleset as opposed to needing to really figure it out. SL mode is layered with so many concepts to learn already.

1 Like

Fair enough, I guess. Thanks for the response.