- ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED. Summary of solution: Upgraded Windows 7 to 10. -
Hi, there has been some recent errors in the Steam version of KI for some players including myself. There’s a recent thread or two in the Steam KI discussions but it hasn’t gotten any official attention so I’m hoping there’s better luck here.
On starting up KI, there will be this message prompt:
"Unable to Resync DLC Content
Some content may be temporarily unavailable. Would you like to try again, or continue this session without that content?
- A - Retry - B - Continue"
Pressing Retry loops back to the same message.
On going into main menu and selecting Shadow Lords brings up this message:
Lost connection to Ultratech Servers, returning to the Main Menu. Please check your network settings and try again.
- A - OK"
Pressing OK goes back to menu. Reselecting Shadow Lords brings the above message up again.
Trying to select Shadow Survival (either through main menu, or via Shadow Labs), brings up this message:
Failed to retrieve Shadow data ffrom Ultratech servers. Would you like to retry?
- A - Yes - B - No"
Pressing Yes goes back to the same message.
I’ve tried the following but does not solve the problem:
- Verifying File Integrity on Steam
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling
- Added steam KI folder as a whole as exception in my Anti-Virus (using Avast Free)
- Disabled my Anti-Virus while trying to play KI
- Try playing on a home wired connection, then tried a home wireless and another public wireless.
These are game functions that still works fine and have had no issues for me:
- All other Single-Player modes that does not involve Shadows
- Ranked Multiplayer (got into match and completed match)
- Another player tested and was able to play Shadow Lords, but unablee to download Shadow Data to play Shadow Survival
- Known as of now this issue has been ongoing for 5-6 players on Steam. Personally it has happened to me since 29th July 2020. Have not had any issues whatsoever with the game before then.
- OS: Windows 7
Some help kindly appreciated! If more information is required let me know as well! If there is anywhere else I should be putting forth the issue kindly point me in the right direction as well. Thanks in advance.