Shadow Lords Currently Impossible?

I thought it was just me being bad lol

Glad to see they’re nerfing stuff a bit because yesterday was painful, I got wrecked by Omen hard :sweat_smile:

I still retain the opinion that people just aren’t playing the mode correctly, most are trying to go all out with their skills only, if it were that easy, then all these threads would be SL was a waste of money, I ran through with ease, and already unlocked everything, now what??? and that would be followed by how S3 is so underwhelming etc… etc… We should understand that this is a mode we should be playing for months to come, we are not getting a new season in the next 2 months, we’ve been so accustomed to getting stuff in such rapid succession, and trying to learn and adapt and beat the current status so we can get ready for what’s to come that we are rushing SL… sit back, explore, fight fight fight, win win win, lose, and retake the challenge… Have Fun

I approached him on normal, with killer guardians and really good items (played the beta several times already and was stocked on guardians and items + bought packs using gold, so I already done the building up part). I had the best stuff when fighting him, he’s just wrecking you left and right and never giving you a second to get out, its like he does aircaptures and whatnot to make sure you dont get back on your feet.

Also, beat all the Omens with around 90% life left, so its not that the difficulty in general is bad, just Gargos…some people might think its cool to have a ‘cheating’ boss character, I hate it. One of the reason I quit fighting games back in the day was because the bosses were just no fun and the climb to them was disproportional in skill to the boss, meaning you put in a lot of time on ‘easy’ fights, only to get hopelessly wrecked in a spike in difficulty.

Also putting the Astral Plane behind too difficult a boss has not made me want to pick up the game since…I could see myself beating Gargos on normal in time, but not challenging.

I’ll play the game this weekend for the tournament and perhaps a few matches for other tournaments im still enrolled in, but then I’ll let it sit on the side for a while…

2 Likes

So after two days of the mode being released, you got slapped around a few times and your done? Where is your will to fight, Gargos swiped it that easy and your just going let him? this mode is meant for us to enjoy for months to come I assume… I’m going to spend a lifetime if I have to till I beat this guy… Do any of you remember Gargos from KI2/KI Gold?? that fool was just as ridiculous, so was Eyedol with his health regeneration, some/most of the traits they have aren’t new, having to win with an ultra isn’t new either, just keep at it, try new stuff, try different stuff, maybe the best of the best isn’t the key, but a combination that best fits your style is… I’m not convinced, especially after just two days of official SL, and before any brings up the early access, I had it also, and it’s not the same thing

1 Like

after the patch, I wrecked Gargos… he only killed 1 of my 3 characters, on normal, and I don’t even have a single killer ranked guardian. believe it or not, I didn’t use a single consumable either. I honestly forgot I had them equipped lol

when was this patch? day1?

no, I just beat him that badly only a few hours ago

Its slightly less impossible now, I barely managed to beat him on normal.
Still though it didn’t feel all that different, the AI is still the same he just does less damage or something.

Honestly though, I dont like the old KI bosses either, nor Shao Kahn or any of those bosses, they are cheap in the way they act and its simply no fun playing against them as its feels like a completely different game from the one I was enjoying.

Also at least there you could just click retry and go at it again, like with boss Shago…instead of having to go through a whole mode again, I simply dont have the time with a wife, kid, friends, other hobby’s, work, etc…If I had the time I would probably be better, but I dont, and it feels unfair to lock content behind a skill barrier…

TLDR: I dont like cheap bosses

2 Likes

I completely understand your point

1 Like

Thanks, think I might give it a try again today to see how the update changed it, sleeping on it some more cooled me down a bit, still wish the boss difficulty was based more on the difficulty you picked instead of all those unfair moves though, since half the time I dont even know what he is doing…or how he is doing it

1 Like