Shadow Lab Changes (problems?)

Hey! I am wondering how long you were gone, but nothing structurally has changed since Nov 2016. Check this out: Shadow Fighters- New Leaderboard Scoring- What you need to know

I am a bit confused by some of the questions because most of the stuff you mention is still there. Wondering if something is bugged out /maybe service interruption caused things to be missing. Let’s go through each one:

1.Why were the win totals removed in favor of survival point totals?
On Shadow leaderboards, there are 2 tabs: Highest Shadow Wins (no win/loss here just sheer # of wins). and Survival Score (top surv. score - ignore wins/losses columns).

2.Why were the tiers removed?
Tiers are still there under challenge shadow by points. Each character has tiers 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000. This was changed (per the notes) to be by win count only, as loss ration was an issue when people farmed 1000pt shadows, it dragged them down fast, which meant we rarely had 1000 pt shadows…
Are you not seeing these, or where you expecting them somewhere else?

3.How does one guy on the leaderboard have over a billion points when the next person after them has FAR less?
Totally bugged out scores (maybe one blatant mod tool hack). Unfortunately no way to remove them without blowing away everyone else’s hard work. I consider #11 to be the real #1 (unless someone has a nice stream proving theirs is legit above that).

4.Will there, at some point, be a way for us to manually remove bounties that we can’t play against? The ones that provide 0 SP for example?
I wish this was something we could do. It’s on a list of quality of life improvements but doubtful to be addressed.

Your sadira ranking may have dropped because so many other sadira shadows have more wins now. Some of this is luck of discovery beyond pure social awareness (people seeking out to fight your shadow).

Last, the shadow loading issues are still under investigation. I myself have this issue on Xbox sometimes where I cannot load shadows, others it’s fine. On win10 no issues ever (maybe the occasional reload 1-2 times to get pass a bad/missing shadow). Just know it’s not been forgotten.

Hope this answered your questions and definitely let me know if you are not seeing things as described!

-James

2 Likes