Shadow Jago available for purchase Permanently!

Plus it would be problematic and confusing if you could make Jago look like Shadow Jago now that their movesets are unique.

Imagine playing a Fulgore who was actually using Spinal’s art/image etc. Obviously this is a bit more extreme of an example, but the point I’m making is that if you’re looking at one character but playing another, it’s going to be very confusing and, realistically, unfair.

Oh Glorious!

I hope my Blocking Game and Grab teching is on point… :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about that too, I knew it wouldn’t work now that he is his own thing and all and could potentially be confusing for the opponents, but I held on to a small sliver of hope. I guess I could just tough it out and actually learn Shago instead lol

o fullgole with spinals move set would just look wried the bones would be all out of wreak lol :]

Wanted to say I’m really happy MS decided to do the right thing here. Now there doesn’t have to be any controversy about him for tournaments.

Just a note on the price, though: Consider that the Supreme edition is $50 (for PC players) for 25 characters, making it about $2 a pop, not counting all the extras you get. This is a really good deal. If you buy the Combo Breaker packs, you get $20 for 8 (or 9) characters, making the going rate about $2.50 per character. Most of us have been buying the ultra editions for each season; again, not counting extras, you get 8 (or 9) characters for $40, making the going rate about $5. Given that you can buy characters piecemeal for $5, it makes sense to call the value of a KI character no more than about $5.

The reason asking $10 for one character is a bit hairy (as a permanent price) is not only because this isn’t proportional to the value of the other characters, but mainly it’s because Shadow Jago can be perceived as cheap by a lot of casual players. He’s got some pretty hard-to-stop moves for newcomers, and he’s constantly flying and teleporting all over the place. If you read ScrubQuotes twitter, a lot of his KI-related tweets have to do with Shadow Jago.

So… imagine you’re a new player to fighting games and you buy the supreme edition of KI for $50, and now you’re asked to pay $10 for a single character. You decide to hold off for now, but then you run into Shadow Jago online and you lose badly to him. I think your impression of the game as “pay to win” might be influenced here, because it’s hard to come up with a reason why Shago costs double the other characters.

Anyway, just food for thought. I’m still very glad he is not an exclusive character anymore.

6 Likes

Call me crazy, but isn’t Jago also included as part of the Shadow Jago bundle which is currently available?

If so, it’s still $5 per character, though most people probably already own Jago.

I don’t see any mention of this in the news article.

It’s MS’s game, they’re allowed to charge whatever they think the character is worth. But when Shago is the only character that is worth this much, and many new players will have a frustrating time playing against him online, I don’t know if I would fault them for thinking that Shago is a bit pay-to-win. KI is full of broken characters, but when one of them costs considerably more than the others, it might be hard to see past that for some people.

I’m basing my previous post on someone’s PC version screenshot which I now can’t find, so take it with a grain of salt. I already got access to Shadow Jago during the community fund, but what I’m seeing in the Xbox One Store right now is the “Ultimate Shadow Jago Pack” which includes Shadow Jago and 1,500 KI Gold. ($5 worth)

It’s probably semantics at this point, but it still looks like $5 for him if you take the gold into account.

Yeah, different people will see different value in the KI gold, though. For a lot of people that’s just a sunk cost.

Anyway, it is what it is. He’s available year round now, which is the important part. I just wanted to say that I think MS does open themselves up a bit to pay-to-win concerns from new players with this pricing model, that’s all.

This always sounded like innuendo to me lol

Pushing 5 dollars in KI Gold is just MS making more money in a sort of underhanded way. Want Shago? Gotta buy gold too!

Gotta agree, they should just release him as a 5 dollar character and be done with it. No reason not to other then greed. I can’t even blame IG for this, because i know it isn’t them, its MIcrosoft.

Shadow Jago has always been sold WITH something, he’s never been a standalone character. This is them simply making the offer year round, instead of limited. :\

And its always been dumb for them to do that. Just because now he is being sold all the time, doesn’t make it any less dumb to bundle him with A. A character most people likely already have, and some micro transaction money that people who play games the traditional way have no use for. Like I said though, I can’t blame Iron Galaxy, because I am sure if it was up to them, he would be sold on his own. It would get more people to buy him, because the luster behind him being only sold sometimes is gone now, which was likely the reason most people were willing to shell out more for him, thats gone now, so so should the bundle.

It hasn’t been “dumb” he’s been an exclusive since his conception, they have tried to keep him limited to avoid angering the people who spent excessive money to get him by releasing him in limited events. They tried to do something positive by not “screwing over” those who obtained him “legit”. Now they full on cave in and decide to sell him year around and people STILL cry about it.

This is just a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t because no matter what they do someone is going to piss and moan about the decision.

Because people want to buy JUST HIM, there isn’t a single reason not to do that anymore, he is being sold full time now, any excuse they had in the past is gone now. He isn’t exclusive anymore, this is greed at this point, pure and simple.

So the “greed” is them extending the offer year round, I getcha.

I mean I guess they should just start selling Omen by himself too, because its “greedy” of them to expect you to pay for the other season 2 characters to get him. Shadow Jago has ALWAYS been part of a bundle, a LIVE card bundle, a KI gold bundle, whatever. They’re just selling the Shago bundle constantly now, it’s not “greed” in any way shape or form. If you think its “greedy” don’t buy it, if you can’t handle the “greed” don’t give them your cash.

Frankly the only greed I see is entitled players expecting everything in-game to be catered to their tastes, to be sliced up into perfect little pieces and fed to them by the pope himself because buying the bundle is to much of a hassle.

I have shadow jago, i got him free from someone when he was a skin, Omen and Shadow Jago should both be sold on their own, at least for omen you can make the case that you can buy season 2 and get him, shadow jago is 10 dollars, a combo breaker bundle is 20 and you get 8 characters with that, you get 2 with 10 dollars, you see the pricing discrepancy?

EDIT. I forgot you can’t even buy season 2 anymore, it was removed from the store, as well as season 1. So the only way for new players to get omen is to buy the supreme edition.

Shadow Jago is technically $4.99. However he’s a “bundle” so he comes with that KI Gold we know and love. Hence the $10

Yeah, thats the point I am making, get rid of the bundle, it serves no purpose, he isn’t a special character anymore if he is being sold full time, thus the bundle is just a way to rip people off now.