Shadow Jago available for purchase Permanently!

I’m ok with this.

He needed to be always avaliable for tournament reasons. But I kinda wish all his proceeds go to tournament pools like back when the community fund was a thing

Bring me the Like button. :smiley:

This is great news! And that it’s happening a mere week into S3 is testament to how quickly Microsoft have been able to move on this, and serves to avert some potentially vexing complications in the competitive scene.

Re: the price: eh. I paid $10 back in December, and I jealously guard the value of my investment because the difference could’ve paid for, like, two coffees, and I really like my coffee, so you new guys get to suffer too. (I really don’t mind if you get it for $5 or even for free, but I’m not going to lose sleep if it stays at $10 forever either, and MS and/or IG just basically ate the costs of making this character without any real marketing push so I don’t feel terrible about them re-lining their wallets with this at a premium price point.)

1 Like

That’s good, I am glad for the people who want/ed him who haven’t gotten a chance to buy him.

I’m glad I got him for 4.99 with KI gold. I’m sure day one people loved having him in 2013.

9.99 is Better than not available.

10 bucks, no thanks.

We only had a skin in 2013. He wasn’t a real character till 4 months ago.

1 Like

Seriously this is momentous news!! Now my friends can play with him :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

NOOOOOO!!! :frowning:

I wish this was an april fools joke

Just, just buy a Day-1 XBL card like everyone else. You can still find them in stores

Limited availability is bad for the competitive aspect of the game, and none of us want Shago banned at tourneys, so I think this was the best option.

1 Like

He wasn’t his own character

He should never have been made his own character

He was a limited edition Jago skin, and that didn’t hurt competitive play one single bit. Because, you know, purely cosmetic.

But now that he is… you know… yeah.

1 Like

For all the people who had him since day 1…when he became a his own character, did the ability to use him as a skin for regular Jago disappear?

Yes. Once his own moveset was implemented it simply replaced the Shadow Jago character skin that had its own character slot. Now you have the Shadow Jago you see today.

1 Like

Damn so there is no way to use a Shago skin with regular Jago anymore? I love how Shago looks, but I prefer how Jago plays much much more. I was hoping there was a way, looks like the dream ends here lol

FTFY :wink:

On a more serious note, Shago was not just a skin as such. He also included customized sound, voice and particle effects. That’s what made him special as opposed to other costumes and accessories and why he got his own slot. When he became his own character, he took that slot (since those effects were taken over by the new character), so no more Jago “skin”.

1 Like

Oh ok so he wasn’t just like a color, he had his own slot and everything lol that makes more sense now :slight_smile:

Are you saying that more Darkness will arise?

My “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon™” Team has something to say about all of those “False” Jagos!

TJ Combo too.

Heh, in a sense… basically “best get used to more Shagos in your life” LOL

1 Like