Shadow Hisako? No Original Character?

More a lack of creativity.
However, a good sense of business. They saw that the fans liked Ryu and Ken, so they cloned them several times to cash in. And people bought it. The shotoclones are still the most popular characters of the franchise.

That’s basically what IG is doing here too. Taking some of the most popular characters, selling them again after giving them a new coat of paint. It’s easy money. Just look at how many bought Shadow Jago and Kilgore.

1 Like

Oh yes, unstoppable. He said as a seizure stricken eyedoll take a double header into the wall and drowns in a big puddle of drool.

1 Like

I think shagos big selling point was that he:

1. Looked like a badass evil jago with a changed skin tone, different clothes, tattoos,etc
  2. And this is the big one HE HAD AN ULTIMATE!
    3.RAGING DEMON???
  3. His design shows effort.
    Killgore well he had guns and he’s a robot so I’ll give it a pass.

Yeah, exactly, they took a popular character and altered it to be something else that people like.
They are doing the same with Hisako. People have requested a samurai character with a katana for years now… so this is the “easier” way of doing it.

Well you have to remember with the Shago situation that at first, instead of just giving a moveset to the Shago skin they took their moveset ideas and created an entirely new character with Omen. But people weren’t satisfied so then they had to go back and actually make a new moveset for Shago. So they didn’t simply take a popular character and sell it again, they created an entirely new character but that’s not what the community wanted.

3 Likes

But did it stop his seizures? Hmmm?

If each head did indeed contain a whole nother central nervous system and switching between heads can in fact snap him out of a seizure it is possible. But if he has a single cardio, respiratory, etc… And 4 CNS systems then the head that is currently is seizure status and left untreated could cause other vital systems to crash. He may have four heads but with no beating heart or functioning lungs, he will still be dead.

My good sir he’s already dead that’s why he’s unstoppable, you can’t stop what’s already been stopped.

Edit: now imagine that picture but with both heads split in two… sigh if only I could photoshop😥

Dang getting into the metaphysical stuff, thought I won with science. OK you win lol

1 Like

Been waiting for the opportunity to use this one lol.

5 Likes

Shisako stands that way um because she is dead…

She is a rested soul, but still not a living being…

Why not wait until she is revealed, and you see the full product before making rushed judgements?

I don’t see why one would think that this character would be a cut and paste of Hisako when we have Shago & Kilgore as perfect examples of what IG is capable of with these characters

Refer to the image above, you could present people irrefutable evidence of something and yet people will still believe otherwise without any shred of evidence to back them up.

1 Like

This isn’t like Marth and Roy, or Ryu and Ken, who share almost if not exactly all the same moves with different properties. Those are clones.

KI remixes share like 2 variant special moves and the moderate majority of normals, but are otherwise completely different. They’re not completely original characters, but they’re by no means low-effort or lazy either.

1 Like

Mira is a “Shadow” (a.k.a. clone, remixed, whatever, lol) Maya. People love her. Is she the same as Maya? Not at all. Is she still a shadow/clone/remix/etc.? Yep. The third one we got.

Shin Hisako may happen to be another remix that is literally a variation if the same individual but as is clearly evidenced by Shago/Jago and to the extent that Kilgore is early Protoype model Fulgore she will at least probably feel like a totally new and original character who just happens to look like an old one.

1 Like

I dont think people can use this excuse anymore K.I has be going for what 4 years now i’m pretty sure threw out that time they have made a but load of money from K.I to use on the game. You don’t make a extremely populare game sell a heap of copys as well as all the DLC they have over the course of 4 years and not make a heap of money.

Fighting games are a niche genre though, they will seemingly never have the mass appeal of say, shooters. On the DLC side, characters and costumes are about all they can realistically sell, which in the long run, may not be bringing in the capital you think it is, especially as this is optional and I know a fair few people playing the free edition of this game/only owning 1-2 seasons.

Add to that the fact that there very rarely seem to be sales in the Windows 10/Xbox app for this game and who realistically knows what sort of capital they have to play with?

Not to mention the game only being available on 2 platforms rather that reaching the potential market of all.

so ki can’t have clones but your ok with dr mario ken akuma sub zero dark pit and etc

Not bothered by different versions of the same person, I personally still want both laser baton(?) and Tofana Orchid.

The loud and flashy vs stealthy and sleek.

Visual diversity definitely a big deal to me still.