Shadow Countering Omen's Slide

Checked to see if this has been posted yet and didn’t find anything. Maybe it has been, I’m not sure. I just don’t have the time right now to take the time to look. I did search for it in the search bar and found nothing.

Anyways, this game has been out for quite a while and we just got a recent patch. BTW great job. I love all the new graphics. That being said, I noticed that the majority of the cast still cannot shadow counter Omen’s shadow slide (or whatever it’s called) making it safe to throw out. You can counter it, but the counter itself goes right through him and it whiffs. It’s basically a waste of bar countering it and if you don’t Omen has the advantage. I think that move is +2 on block, correct me if I’m wrong. It’s been a while since I checked out frame data.

Does anyone know if this is ever going to get fixed? Seems like a bug they should’ve noticed and fixed a while ago.

FYI Omen was released January 2015 so its almost been a year.

It’s intentional - Omen’s shadow slide is not meant to be shadow counterable. I don’t, however, think that it’s plus on block, but would need to check to make sure.

I think it’s 0 on block, at least from my testing just now.

I think the devs did come out and say that it was intentionally not shadow counterable. Whether you agree with that design choice or not is another story but I think it’s acting as intended.

I thought I remember seeing that one character could always shadow counter it correctly but maybe I’m just misremembering it.

I remember shadow countering that slide as Omen once, timing was really strict though. Don’t have the match here tho, but it might be shadow conterable.

its a move that is MEANT to go through opponents. I think its a fair advantage, especially since Omen isn’t that great anyway.