Serious Sets match ups with (Gargos)

That’s ok, we get Secret Arbiter tech too. Lol

3 Likes

Serious sets #8 with Kevin Mack (Shago) this guy’s shago is kinda nasty plz watch…and enjoy

2 Likes

Pretty awesome stuff. It’s already helped me with my game a bit. Like I never new you could cancel a forward dash into a light command grab. That makes it sooo much more useful.

1 Like

Yea I have a lot of treats up my sleeves stay tuned

Hey, I’ve got a quick question for you. I’ve heard of several people say that one of Gargos’s better moves is jumping MP, and I know it can be used as a quick hop to lead into a combo, but I’ve never really found a good situation to use it in. So what would be a good situation to use it in?

Who ever told you that is a idiot lol that move is not that great. But to answer your question, let’s see… I personally like using J.mp when I have a knockdown in the corner I go into grab next. Also in instinct when “close” always use J.mp after Command grab release for more offensive, and guessing situations.

1 Like

It wasn’t anyone in particular, just a general complaint on the forums. My guess is a lot of low-level Gargos players tend to irritate others by overusing it.

Anyway, thanks again…I’ll definitely keep those moves in mind.

1 Like

It’s not a “bad” move per se (it’s an instant overhead after all), it’s just pretty negative on block, so if they block it is definitively not your turn anymore. I think it’s probably best used when the opponent has no choice but to kind of take it, such as when minions are out to cover you or you’re in instinct.

Glad I ran across this thread. Hopefully I can pick up on some tactics to use AGAINST Gargos. :imp:

1 Like

Sleep, the Rash set with Mello cuts off in the middle of the deciding game. :frowning: Any chance you still have the match around?

Also, jump MP is punishable on block by heavies (I think it’s -12), so it’s not even that great in instinct. It’s just good during minion pressure when you aren’t sure if you’re able to fit a button in before a minion hits you. It’s also very fast so a lot of people aren’t ready to punish it. You have to really be looking for it to punish it, but I think it’s an important thing to get used to if you regularly fight against Gargos.

2 Likes

Every time Sleep tweets/uploads a video featuring his Gargos play, I get so excited I immediately plan my next meal
around watching it and studying it.

I’ve even got my wife subscribing to his channel and watching his matches with me, :slight_smile:
Thank you for all you do, Oh Shadow Lord of Shadow Lords.

3 Likes

Dude that’s freaking ridiculous your wife watches my content!? I’m so happy it’s useful and entertaining

1 Like

I’m sorry dude Xbox upload bodied me lol I don’t have it I’ll just invite him to another set because it seems like people are really enjoying mello’s rash.

Ah, no worries if you don’t have it, was just curious.

More sets is always good! Thanks for uploading these!

2 Likes

Your welcome! And I’m sorry

Speaking of which. How do you edit your videos that you upload on here? I want to upload some matches Aswell.

1 Like

Sadly I use xbox1 upload studios

1 Like

That’s OK. How did you put all the matches together? Or does the App show me how?

[quote=“DulXboxOne, post:36, topic:14416, full:true”]
That’s OK. How did you put all the matches together? Or does the App show me how?
[/quote] The app should show you how.

Another option, which is what I’ve used a couple of times for the WTF Tournament, is to stream from Xbox to the PC Xbox app use its game DVR feature to record. It can also do some basic editing, but more importantly it will record up to 30 min of footage as opposed to the XB1’s 5 min.

1 Like

Been waiting for something like this. Thanks a bunch bro!

1 Like