Season 3 Review From the casual gamer perspective

…ughhhh… well… I know there are more feature to come, and all but I just wanna let you guys know from a casual fighter player how I feel S3 stacks up…

I’ll start with the good…

The UI lag is VASTLY FASTER on the XB1 its much more responsive when it comes to the character select screen.

The lighting has been improved for the better, all around no real complaints, I have a 4K 65" TV and it has always looked good, but I can definetly see a difference.

…Sadly that is kinda it on the good…

So on to the bad…

The green smog…its buggy, its there in one match in the vs screen absent on another match…and its a little overkill imo.

The 4 new characters, I am sorry, but Tusk and Kim look TERRIBLE! They look unpolished and kim has this wierd putty look to her face, Tusk looks like a hobo, and his retro does not do him any justice…his jaw is WAY to wide, and bears no resemblence to the classic tusk, and the green…its just FUGLY.

Aribitor looks fantastic…But the way he plays feels awkward, it may just take time to get his moves down, but I feel he lacks a propper move set, the sword hitbox feels way off too me…I am not a high level player but understand most mechanics of KI, and he just feels strange…

Kim Wu looks just bad IMO…and her dialouge annoys the hell outa me…in the trailers it didn’t seem so bad, but her victory quote is extremely annoying to me.

I like purple…but it feels way to invasive over used and gives KI a tacky look, IMO. They could have done something more original.

The Combo breaker flip outs feel awkward at the moment, IDK if its just a matter of getting used to, BUT I felt like combo breaking was supposed to give a SLIGHT advatage when done succesfully and cause a knock down, it feels like wierd and changes the pace of the game, for better or for worse…this is just my initial thoughts…

IDK but S3 just really didn’t hit that HYPE mark I was expecting…

Again this is from an AVERAGE player perspective, I am no pro, but neither is the majority of players…

I still enjoy the game, but I was hoping for more.

Maybe some more time is needed, but I was expecting HYPE…and what I got was…meh…

again this is comming from the average player view, not the super HIGH level player perspective. The reason why I don’t want to rate this game in the super high level player quota is because high level players are in the minority. This is how I feel the average gamer will feel playing KI S3.

Is it terrible? NO, not at all, does it live up to the hype…I can’t say it does…