SADIRA 3.4 conclusion after 78h25 min TESTED

i almost give up trying to talk to people about this

Are you even reading what Iā€™m saying? Or anyone else in this thread?

ā€¦

Thatā€™s an obvious question, isnā€™t it?

At least listen to @SoSRaGnArOk, heā€™s a loyal Sadira player.

Yeah, OP is pretty much on the soapbox and thereā€™s no getting him down.

3 Likes

Wow, Iā€™ve been tagged a lot. :smiley:

Hereā€™s the deal, Sadira will always be a hard character to balance. She has been since S1. She has more options to get in on other players than almost anybody else. With the new buffs they have given her new and meaningful ways to take a playerā€™s life. Of all the characters that have flipout, Sadira has more ways to use the tech, and she can jump cancel without instinct with lp.

While Iā€™m still trying to adjust to her new combo trait and find meaningful ways to use it, her other tech is outrageous. You then add the fact that she has a 50 to 60% one chance break Instinct Combo, sheā€™s deadly.

The problem I think a lot of us Sadira mains have experienced is that Sadira was largely normalized in S3 to better fit her archetype. High mobility characters (in all fighting games) were never meant to be damage power houses, because they have vastly more options to get in than other characters (say Thunder). During S1, in terms of raw damage) Sadira was one of the weakest hitters, BUT she had incredibly stupid one chance break combos. During S1, if I was able to nab you in Instinct, the match was overā€¦ period. Very few people could break the setups that Vertigo and I used (and we didnā€™t use the Demon Blade Loop).

In S2, they removed Sadiraā€™s unbreakables, but buffed her damage. By that seasonā€™s end, there were 90% damage Instinct combo setups, and these things werenā€™t that hard to pull off. Sadira was once again nigh broken.

As you can see, we Sadira mains are used to having a character that was always border line OP. They argument we always used, was that much of her OP stuff was very difficult to pull off and or used all of her resources.

In S3, she was a bit weaker. Her damage, due to the overall damage nerf across the board, impacted her more than a lot of other characters. Most people agreed that she needed something more to make up for it, and IG has done this.

With all the new toys to play with, I honestly love Sadira more, and Iā€™m seeing more and more Noobiras trying her out in Ranked and in Exhibition. Iā€™m getting more and more private messages asking me tech questions and such. The changes IG made were good.

So before we start asking for buffs, nerfs, and or whatever, lets see how she plays out. As I mentioned earlier, if Sadira is still trailing behind the rest of the cast IG will look at her again. For now, lets focus on creating new tech for her.

5 Likes

so far im loving sadira, i know she has so many options now off that flip out but since im still largely rusty with her, i am not seeing them yet. atm, im still having issues chasing down run aways (maya running away SUCKS) and after i land a flip out everyone seems to be psychic knowing when im gonna grab, go high, go low, or cross up. if a player has awesome defense, sadira can be in some serious trouble. a damage buff i dont think will fix that issue, getting in and successfully landing a reset with a few combos? that gets the job done.

right now, i think shes just fine and needs more time but for someone at my skill level, more time also = the more ppl will catch on and im back to where i was in S2. lmao, that being everyone just running away and turtling. i dont know where i was going with this post, im exhausted and i just worked a building that was utter hell.

Well we know that she still gets her butt handed to her by Hisako. :smiley:

Due to Destiny: Rise of Iron, I havenā€™t had much of a chance to really dig in deep with her. I did manage to snag me a 4K TV and KI looks stupid amazing on itā€¦ then again everything doesā€¦ :smiley:

lol lol no only hisako. i let you enought time to analyse her . but after 165 h 02 minute playing with her. thats always the same problem. that lil :cheese: of lacking damage to kill.

you are goin to notice it when using the damager ender lomfao (damage ender :confused: is it really?)

the other struggle is that you are goin to feel like it become a obligation for you, to try to do flip out, because without it u cannot kill normally a opponnent. ā€œITS JUST SO FRUSTRATINGā€ a full character game based on a flip out :expressionless:.

Im at last happy cause others big sadira players noticed it too. i just need to know from your point of view @SoSRaGnArOk what do you think about that ?

play her at last 50h or more and let me know your feeling please,

MAYBE iā€™am the problem and i should really stop with her. cause she does not match on what I have always known of her.

Everyonne who do have a flip out in this game, can kill you without been forced to use a flip out , cause they have enought damage to do itā€¦ but its ok i really feel that this S3 donā€™t want to make her really viable.

Also i really miss the old damage ender. with ecluse HK :pensive: en juggles after it in (one word i feel CLOSED WITH HER)

Iā€™m pretty sure he already gave you that answer.

and

To be honest, Iā€™m just barely scratching the surface with Sadiraā€™s new tech, but even so, I can only say positive things about it. In terms of a damage buff. Obviously, I would never be against it, but is it needed?

At this timeā€¦ I donā€™t think so. Sadira will always be a very difficult character to balance and if you give her one too many options and powers, it will push her into the opposite direction, and weā€™ll be getting nerfed once again.

As Iā€™ve mentioned a few times. We simply have to give her time. I guarantee if IG sees Sadira falling to the wayside, as she was, theyā€™ll make additional charges.

Iā€™m still wondering how to catch runaways who just punish Web clings and keep running. Back dash back dash back dash crouch block. Wait for Web cling then anti air or dodge the widows bite. I get close, back dash repeat and turtle while anticipating throws. Empty jump low has proven ineffective because no overheads. I really wish she had one lol

@SoSRaGnArOk I won because solely of match up experience lol. GGs

Storm, you have to make them come to you. When I fight Jagos and Shagos that do nothing but throw fire balls and run. I just dodge them all until they get tired and come towards me. Then I kill them. :smiley:

Try Tiger kneeing MWB. It works wonders for me.

In terms of the Hisako match upā€¦ Sheā€™s my worse match up, largely due to the fact that sheā€™s hard to break, hits hard, and has great anti-spider moves.

Indeed bro, but when they have the life lead is when this happens and itā€™s frustrating

Runners are always annoying. I know a 2 Star Jago player that literally gets a smidgen of life lead and then runs for rest of the match. It is frustrating and a very dubious way to win a match.

However, if you are using Web Cling to close the distance and getting dped out of it. Simply dash forward or use H Demon Blade. This will allow you to close the distance.

1 Like

Iā€™ll dash and do demon blades, itā€™s all I get reduced to when that happens and it makes for a slow grueling match of cat and mouse. Jago shadow jago orchid and fulgoreā€™s run away most for me. The 2 star jago seems familiar