S1 stage ultras

I’m just still in awe that soul calibur 4 years ago had mini ultimates for each character (camera angle, pans, close ups and this game in Two years struggles to have even one

2 Likes

I love these ideas but it still remains uncertain if season1 stages will get stage Ultras or not.

As much as it sounds like a welcome feature in S3 I kinda think it wont happen because IG d oes not want to “trample on” all of DH’s hard work but by putting their “updates” instead out of respect. It sorta makes sense because one it would conflict with the progress of S3 while focusing on S! Stages and two IG is following DH"s formula but but at the same time trying not to mess up their work and likely end up starting over again. IDK.

I guess this is IG’s way of respecting DH’s work not to tamper with S! stages, they can do whatever with the characccters. I think its time comsuming as they a re focusing on S3 they want that to drop on schedule going back on S1 ccould delay or they may add this as S3 progresses, IG may not have had ideas at the time, IDK i am just guessing.

Regardingthat spinal stage it seems like a lost opportunity to have a stage ultra right??? I agree with someone about the lady statue on the ship i never realized how Stage Design outshone the characters on season 1.

The amazing detail of Thunder stage and Orchid stage and even Sadiras rich and elegant backgrounds still are stellar. Hopefully Kim Wu stage will take my breath away and the stage designer will have a faithful knockoff. If there is not at least cherry blossom petals or snow i will be severely disappointed Kim wasnt given her due. Still cringing from the inevitable techno trance rap theme instead of a ‘ephermeral dream’ epic mike gordon style she wouldve received

Back to topic i accept now the season one mishaps will be left alone. We can look forward to great stage ultras for Kim Tusk and hopefully an epic castle setting for Gargos

I’m not sure if they’ll be added to the Season 1 stages. From what I remember on the S2 forums Adam said that if we do get them, it’ll be after Season 2 is complete. Do note he never promised them though.

any proof of this?