S1 stage ultras

Are some the season 1 stages still getting stage ultras?

2 Likes

here are some ideas,
for orchids stage, you knock the opponent in the center of the stage the helicopter shoot you dead. Spinal stage you get knocked in the air, tentacle of Kraken wraps around opponent and dragged int the sea . Thunders stage same thing except your sucked into the tornado.

4 Likes

Your ideas are so amazing!

1 Like

Sabrewulf stage the opponent is knocked into the air and lands on the lab table and the lights shoot bolts electricuting them dead.
Sadira’s stage -opponent is knocked up in the air in midflight spider webs them to ceiling, other spider come from ceiling covers webbed opponent.
Fulgore- opponent is knocked in the air deris swings little sending the opponent flying into the flaming core (similar to TJ’s).
Glacius- opponent is knocked in air, the ship exhaust freezes opponent midflight.

3 Likes

id like to think that Orchid stage has a knockoff so you see the loser fall via the flat screen monitors

thunder could be a replay of Kan Ra have the loser swept away into the tornado

Jago could be wind blowing the loser all he way on the bridge floor

1 Like

I was thinking one stage ultra should go back to the old days of smashing the opponent into the screen in the foreground, so Orchid’s stage could have the helicopter shoot a missile that sends the opponent towards the camera and cracks the screen? may be too much work though

1 Like

Well last time I checked the developers are STILL planning as well as considering adding/implementing the Stage Ultras for AND onto some of the Season 1 stages :wink:

3 Likes

Orchid stage would be nice to see a stage ultra with helicopter death, Maya stage (s2 I know) with the big snake, Sadira stage with the big spider coming to eat you and dragging u to the water sabrewulf electric chair Jago stage tiger comes alive and eats you … Thunder could be a pitfall stage or lightning strikes kind of like original call of sky spinal… Kraken or something to do with the lady on the ship killing you and finally fulgore … Reactor just my thoughts on what would be cool for stage ultras / ultimates / no mercies

3 Likes

Oh and glacius can freeze you or the orbs could

1 Like

We still haven’t been informed as to what Season 3 will contain aside new characters. Any enhancements, improvements, or changes to existing content haven’t been deeply expressed.

1 Like

There’s definitely a lot of potential for some amazing Stage Ultras on S1 stages. Possibly even better ones than the S2 stages. Unfortunately, IG/MS have been very silent regarding their inclusion (they may have mentioned once or twice about a year ago that they have plans for them, but that’s it), which leads me to believe that this is extremely low on their priorities list. It’s one of the features I’m looking forward to the most, but I’m not very optimistic. I may be wrong, but weren’t we told a few months ago that announcer shouts like “Banished” and “Knock-Off” would be added to Stage Ultras? If this still hasn’t been done, then I think S1 Stage Ultras are a long shot.

2 Likes

IG nor DH made animations to show a fighter that is smashed into the foregfround (fourth wall, screen splat)

On the previous comment I like the thunder ultimate of his calling lightning and the crackle opens the rock bridge and the loser is seen cascading down to the lower forest

2 Likes

While not specific to this question, this is goes too what is being dedicated for this season.

We have, for what I assume, at least eight characters coming back, four of which we already know. That includes eight more stages to make, debug, then be able to deconstruct them as the battle wages on. Lighting and effects, music… I believe that just about covers the face value.

We have an internal struggle on determining what is important to add to the game.

We have people who want:

• Season 1 Stage Ultras
  • Ultimates for each character, including the upcoming ones for Season 3
  • More backstory, cutscenes, better story mode for Season 3
  • More cosmetics, color variations
  • Season 3 Stage Ultras
  • Balancing each character so they are on a level playing field vs. each match up.

As it goes right now, I bet they already know what course of action is being taking place towards this season. We’re guaranteed to be getting more than two characters at launch (per Kraig Kujawa), but while it was, I believe, said that there were ideas for S1 Stage Ultras, the guarantee was only S2, which we got.

3 Likes

the one if they do the stage ultras on season 1 will be for sure sadira and spinal stage… adont know about thunder. they can do doit if had time.

2 Likes

Ita hard… the stage enders arnt getting the animation that they need…

I could suggest allot but i think they would still be pretty anti climatic like season 2 without propper animation support.

The only one i really like is kan ras.

I think the ender should snap to a shadow jago style ultimate (camera angel) cut sceen rather than just use the same on 2d view.

So currently there are no S1 stage ultras? Only ones I’ve done for season 2 are Aganos, TJ Combo, Hisako, Kan-Ra, and Aria. The last three which were accidental just in the past couple of days lol.

Accidental in that I was using a character not really familiar to me, so wasn’t sure if regular Ultra was punches or kicks. I knew Kan-Ra was middle of the stage but wasn’t sure on Hisako’s. Aria’s stage I just happened to do a regular Ultra that carried me towards the window so I could do a second.