Rukari Leaving Us For Crackdown?

Lot’s of Grog. Lots of music. Trust me. Maybe I’ll see you online!

5 Likes

I wou’ LOVE te’ party up an’ plunder te’ high seas wit’ ya, matey! :crossed_swords::skull_crossbones:

When were you planning on telling us this? You’ve been cheating on us with another game?!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I AM SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

I remember my last NDA, Fable Legends, twice. The dream is over now :sob:

WTF is crackdown??? lol Never heard of her.

1 Like

it’s a game that is supposed to utilize 7 virtual Xbox ones in the cloud to render 7 plus one (8) local, Xbox’s to render total city wide, multiplayer destruction. game physics can handle perceivable lag better than game streaming and that frames per second variable, that your eyes can easily detect.
it’s hard being inebriated and trying to sound smart. so Ima end it here. lol

I don’t remember any of that - only that it was supposed to use the latest version of DirectX (DX12, I think) to great effect, so you could have numerous things happening on screen at once with no frame rate drop whatsoever. Videos were shown of immense starfields and crumbling buildings that demonstrate this.

That, however, is not what it’s about, which is what @FallofSeraphs76 asked. To answer his question, it is about a crime-ridden city and the “super-cops” responsible for keeping it under control by virtually any means necessary.

we’re gonna miss ya around here on the forums : <

dx12 is for machines with a low end gpu, and a cpu that is typically on the same level or grater (no bottle necking) than the gpu. dx12 utilizes more cores with better efficiency. to separate the mundane gameplay with the supposed tech it introduces would other wise undermine the whole game.

I can say that crackdown 3 is a crime drama open world, or I can say it’s a crime drama open world powered by 8 Xbox’s. which sounds better to you?

@rukizzel I loved crackdown 1-2 can’t wait to get my crackdown news from you!!!

Maybe this means something for potentially getting the Crackdown Agent in KI. Something I personally love the idea of.

I believe this.

It’s not about which sounds better, but about which sounds more realistic. Many people will likely scoff at, or not believe, yours.

The fact the multiplayer destruction is so insane it requires up to 8 cloud servers to run a game is insane to me. But the destruction looks unreal

Well, when you say 8 servers, that makes much more sense. That’s a far cry from 8 Xboxes…

Did someone say Grog?

2 Likes

S[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:35, topic:17999”]
much
[/quote]

lol. of course it’s MS azure cloud server farm. the 8 virtual Xboxes represent a comparable number for how much data your pulling down. did u really think MS has a million Xboxes in a building tied together mating?

this video is older and the devs did say 13 virtual Xbox ones, but MS commented later and said it’ll be closer to 8.

go to the 4m30s mark.

I know ALL of this already - I had just forgotten about it and was confused by the way it was originally phrased, because getting the power of 8 consoles out of 1 (physically-speaking) makes no sense.

Many of us in publishing work on multiple titles. Like Rukari, I’m also working on Crackdown… and Phantom Dust, and KI, and… several secret things.

It’s all good.

3 Likes