Rotating beta schedule for all S3 characters?

So we get Rash for a month. And then that’s it… … …? Probably not

Since Kim Wu is next, I imagine all current KI players will test her for the next month… and eventually test out all S3 characters one month at a time from now till S3 launch? I’m gonna have to step up my visits to the X1 KI machine in my area

1 Like

Sounds like a Question for @TheKeits

1 Like

I mean, it’s not impossible. When the Beta for Rash ends players will have to wait about 6 months for Season 3 to begin. I could totally see Iron Galaxy doing a another Beta test for a different character, that way people won’t have to wait so long for any new content to drop. It would give people something to look forward to, you know?

I would say if another Beta was going to happen, it would probably start around mid-November and end mid-December (kinda like an early Christmas gift I guess). January probably wouldn’t be anything. February will probably be a patch preparing for the Season 3 launch in March. So basically, here’s what I think:

Rash beta begins (August) > Rash beta ends (September) > nothing besides maybe a tease (October) > Another beta begins (November) > Beta ends (December) > Nothing besides maybe a character announcement (January) > Patch preparing for Season 3 launch (February) > Season 3/Windows 10 launch (March).

1 Like

I imagine we’ll get to try more characters before launch. Might be a bit of a dry spell once Rash is gone though. Wonder if we’ll ever have 2 new characters to test out at once? They did add two new slots but i suppose thats just for symmetry…

1 Like

I was just creating a topic on this, LOL! Glad I saw your post. I for one have really enjoyed testing out Rash, and since IG will no longer be updating the roster monthly, how would you guys feel about trying out early builds of the characters for season 3? The goal of the test was to deliver the best possible Killer Instinct experience ever, and I’ve felt instrumental in the final build of what this character will become in season 3.

1 Like

I hadn’t considered the possibility of rotating beta characters. That would be interesting.

1 Like

Thought about this too. Would be cool.

1 Like

I do not mind this idea at all. Makes us really feel like we’re having even more contribution to the game. Plus it can provide some leniency in development time.

1 Like

Totally agree with this idea and we can give/provide FEEDBACKS to the development team while we are play-testing the beta characters at the same time :wink: