Robocop or Terminator?

• Robocop
  • Terminator

0 voters

Which of these two sci-fi icons do you prefer? Which one do you like better or like the most?

Between Robocop and Terminator, I’m leaning MUCH MORE towards Terminator for a few reasons including finding him to be a bit more relatable than Robocop as well as acting like/pretending to be the Terminator every now and then :wink: :grin:

“I’ll be back”
“You are terminated”
“Hasta la vista, baby”
“Come with me if you want to live”

Side-note: The Terminator series is now one of my all-time favorite film series with Terminator 2: Judgement Day now being one of my all-time favorite movies. Also I’ve watched Terminator 2 MANY times before and I’ll never nor will I ever get tired of watching that movie down to this very day :smile: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Robocop. I love terminator but Robocop is a friggn titanium tank.

2 Likes

I like Terminator…

1 Like

Deathbattle…

Yeah. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

On topic though, I grew up with both, and even though I’m from the Detroit area, I always felt that the Terminator was more fun and cool than Robocop. The Cop was always so cheesy to me…even though I really liked Robocop 2.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of deathbattle.

Their most recent videos are rather lopsided. Although they do have some solid points for some of their earlier works. Well, I guess in general it really depends how much knowledge they have over a match and what x-factor they decide to go with.

Some of them didn’t make sense. Like for example, scorpion vs ryu. since when does scorpion have a hyper beam? It’s just things like that.

I owned Robocop vs. Terminator on the Sega Genesis as a kid (1 of the bloodiest video games ever made), and according to it, Robocop wins hands down - as did I when I beat the game. :wink:

2 Likes

Well animation wise, some are downright uncannon and even absurd. As for the logical explanations, all are thoughtfully explained while some make less sense than others.

Clearly the winner would be Stone Cold Steve Austin

I’m just not a fan. The animations I can forgive sine you know it’s for entertainment purposes and all. but the actual knowledge…I find skeptical at times.

Goku vs Superman?

There are many.

I know, but what’s your opinion? Or actually… that would be a good thread @KIFANATIC8488

I don’t have one.

“Estás nerviosa Connor” XD (you are pretty jumpy Connor)

1 Like

So now what are your thoughts on the Robocop reboot?

I actually liked the Reboot. I wish/hope that they will make a sequel, but I don’t know if I did that well at the box office.

I like the updated Robocop WAY more than the slow, gimped, cheesy one.

Don’t you mean Ryu? Ryu shot the beam in that one, not Scorpion.

Generally I agree with DB on most battles, but they do seemingly just make stuff up, or take into account something out of left field. Most recently it was in the Cammy vs. Sonya battle. In that they counted the Test Your Might mini game in the battle saying that Sonya can break an anvil with a single strike.

Now sure, MK characters are strong, and with a few characters you can find canon instances of the TYM challenge being taken into account…but not for Sonya. Hell, they didn’t take it into account for the Ryu vs. Scorpion battle, nor did they do it for any of the other MK related characters.

So yeah, if they are going to do something like that, they should be even handed with all the characters throughout the franchise, not just bring it up out of the blue.