RIP any urge to play KI via PC port

theres no longer any hype here. theres no longer any intention of playing KI anymore. not only is the port taking too ■■■■■■■ long but now we’re going to have GFWL 2.0 shoved in our faces AND we have to pay to use it.

at least i dont have to downgrade to windows 10 though. :^)

So how is it fair that we have to pay a subscription to play KI but you don’t have to? It isn’t. Now you lost the urge to play KI just because they are considering making a subscription required. [quote=“NoximilienWakfu, post:1, topic:3073, full:true”]

theres no longer any hype here. theres no longer any intention of playing KI anymore. not only is the port taking too ■■■■■■■ long but now we’re going to have GFWL 2.0 shoved in our faces AND we have to pay to use it.

at least i dont have to downgrade to windows 10 though. :^)
[/quote]

Oh no, people need an Xbox LIVE account to access Xbox LIVE!

Honestly I’m not surprised, when they had said PC gamers wouldn’t have to pay the monthly fee a lot of Xbox users were pissed off. Only seems fair.

GFWL didnt require a sub. where are you cries about that?

the only game i planned on playing was KI. im not paying a ■■■■■■■ sub for KI. many people whom were on board have already said they lost interest now as well. if this actually goes through then good luck having a minuscule player increase while SF5 steals EVEN MORE players away.

You aren’t even willing to pay a bit extra for KI? Every consoder they might give you extra perks? Maybe like Games with Gold? Also Xbox KI players were mad you PC players can play Ki online without subscription because we had to. Why did we? We care about the game. Did you see how fast the community fund goal was reached? We accepted that you could play it for free. It was to expand the community after all. We thought that you people would enjoy the game and finally see what Ki is like. We thought you would like it. Now you are saying you don’t even care about KI because they are considering adding a subscription? It does seem a bit selfish of you right?

Games for windows live wasn’t connected with Xbox. Basically its just going to emulate Xbox play, your achievements, game, etc are all linked. Of course you’d have to pay to access that, regardless of what platform you choose.

You aren’t even willing to pay a bit extra for KI? Every consoder they might give you extra perks? Maybe like Games with Gold?

a ■■■■■■■ sub fee for a fighting game m8. i couldnt care less about anything else because M$ owns nothing else im interested in. im flat the ■■■■ out not paying a sub fee for a fighting game when i could get a significantly more populated fighting game without win10, without a sub fee, and for the most part without DLC. explain to me why i should still wanna hop on the pc version. the only bonus is i get to play the game that got me interested in the genre. thats a pretty ■■■■■■ tradeoff if you ask me.

Also Xbox KI players were mad you PC players can play Ki online without
subscription because we had to. Why did we? We care about the game.

how the ■■■■ would a sub fee help KI specifically at all?

Did you see how fast the community fund goal was reached?

how is this relevant?

We accepted that you could play it for free.

yet you’re arguing against that statement. :^)

We thought that you people would enjoy the game and finally see what Ki is like. We thought you would like it.

you know im just one person right? you,you know there are bound to be idiots here willing to pay a sub fee for a fighting game and that im just one person expressing my thought, right?

Now you are saying you don’t even care about KI because they are considering adding a subscription?

yup. KI’s competition wont have a sub fee tied to it and im not paying monthly for a ■■■■■■■ fighting game.

It does seem a bit selfish of you right?

nah. seem logical considering my position.

Games for windows live wasn’t connected with Xbox.

what is Shadowrun for the Xbox 360.

Wow. I typed that? I thought I worded it differently. Shouldn’t have done it while doing homework then. I guess I will redo the comment in the morning.

1 Like

you’re better off making a new one. im not editing that post so it could look confusing to those popping in after. respect for seeing some of the dumb ■■■■ you typed though.

Seems like a pretty poor journalist making a shaky extrapolation from a vague comment about a subscription service. There’s no indication here that you’d have to have a paid Gold subscription to play KI online on PC.

That said, I can only hope that Valve gets around to forcing a subscription model on PC gamers soon. It’s about time you guys stopped indignantly leeching expensive infrastructure and paid for the upkeep of the services you use.

Capcom already has plans for an elaborate paid DLC system, likely with obnoxious promotion and all.

Capcom already has plans for an elaborate paid DLC system, likely with obnoxious promotion and all.

that statement was aiming more towards paid dlc since you can earn most of that ■■■■, with the exception of cosmetics, with in game currency earned via playing.

jesus christ i just read your full comment. ■■■■ me i hope you’re kidding.

That said, I can only hope that Valve gets around to forcing a
subscription model on PC gamers soon. It’s about time you guys stopped
indignantly leeching expensive infrastructure and paid for the upkeep of
the services you use.

is a more retarded statement than

Games for windows live wasn’t connected with Xbox.

Wait, you are defending a F2P model? Are you feeling okay? You know that Capcom are going to make earning enough currency to actually buy a character a total nightmare so they can, y’know, actually profit off of their investment, right?

Why shouldn’t you have to pay for server and maintenance costs on an ongoing basis? Because you haven’t done so before? Because Valve is afraid of gamer ire? Do you have a rational reason?

You are vastly overrating the value of your mere presence on a service, and/or making an outdated assumption about how far the revenue from game purchases stretches in the current era.

Also, cut the abusive language.

if steam could live through how rough of a start it had through the means of just vidya purchases then theres no excuses.

ill cut the ‘abusive’ language when people stop making dumb statements.

Your posts are barely grammatically coherent, and yet you’re trying to call others for making “dumb statements”? You’re in over your head, kid.

1 Like

Directly from the website:

The gamers will certainly oppose the idea as far as it goes forces.
Microsoft would have to offer some perks to bring more players into the
fold – think about “Games with gold” just to give you an example.
Currently, however, it seems rather unrealistic that PC gamers will pay to access Microsoft’s servers.”

Let me explain you in few words why releasing a subscription feature for PC gamers would be the worst idea. Differently from the console gamers, we aren’t used to pay to play online. There are also many alternatives in this field (Steam to be clear). Games with gold? There are Steam Sales which are someway a lot better. Deals with gold? Same thing (except for the 1 dollar per character).
So, for the sole reason of having huge alternatives and for the fact the 90% of the PC online gaming market doesn’t make you pay to play online, releasing a subscription fee to play KI online even for PC is an instant shut down.
Moreover, Microsoft spilled the bean, but I hardly think they’re going to realize this idea, as been written in the news.
Not considering also the fact that you have the unknown in front of you, it’s a brand new title. A thing like this will kill your PC market from the beginning.

I’m honest, but this is my personal opinion: in the weirdest and rarest case Microsoft is going to release this subscription fee, they’ve lost a potential customer.

That won’t happen. Expecially when they earn more than 50 million dollars in less than 3 months thanks to Dota 2 and a book called Compendium. And that’s just nothing compared to their profits. Moreover, Valve knows better than other companies a subscription fee would only hurt a lot their sales.

Major Nelson said, point blank, they would not be charging subscription fees to play Xbox games on PC (including KI). This was only a few months ago.

Maybe they’ve changed their mind, but I would have to see it to believe it. I would rather take a factual statement by a high-profile Microsoft PR employee over the supposition of an internet article.

2 Likes

Apart the fact this article seems to be a personal opinion, I don’t think MS would alienate their major buyers with a stupid move like this (PCs are needed after all)

Subscription fee will come further down the line, its inevitable with Microsoft. There won’t be any charges at first to lure more of the audience in, I’m guessing a year or 2 down the line they will add it.

As much as I respect him, he’s been wrong before.

I don’t see this as a big deal, if you’re already paying for Live, then you’re fine.