Retro Spirit Concept Art (Help!?)

Alright, I’m by no means an artist and I used some help from @oDragonSpirit getting the clothing down to what I described, but it doesn’t seem like it is there yet.

My concept design is of myself as the Tiger Spirit resembling a warrior monk (basically Jago) in a 80’s theme fashion. Hence the name, Retro Spirit.

The idea started from listening to Eyedol’s theme, but something more particular in his theme. That is the 80’s retro sound. I started looking for music from the Blood Dragon ost and my biggest inspiration, Kung Fury.

Leather, vibrant color, ripped jeans, the works! But, I don’t want it to copy Kung Fury. Rather, I want it to reflect both the Warrior Monk and the Retro era of the 80s.

So I was wondering if I could get some ideas, suggestions or anything that comes to mind to help me add/change things to fit the retro theme. Anything helps!

Edit: Calling out artist I know from memory, @Crainiak24, @RTA07 and @Ravan86

5 Likes

I’m not too sure what more would help without going overboard. If I could see this with some color that would give me a better idea though. But I think it looks pretty much spot on with what your going for.

1 Like

It looks cool, like an odd fusion of classic KI1 Jago with 2013’s. The retro 80s aesthetic definitely works, especially in terms of the ripped jeans of the former, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this in color, maybe different color variations to this.