I play a pretty mean Sadira, the only thing I would like to improve are my resets and Instinct combo’s. Could u guys share some of your favourite 1 chance break combo’s in instinct?
Sadira doesn’t really excel in one-chance instinct combos for the most part so much as she excels at hard-to-breakables in instinct. I’m sure some of the Sadie specialists here can help you with those.
Her reset potential is somewhat limited, unfortunately, as she doesn’t have a grounded overhead. You can fish for counter-hit resets, but unless they’re constantly mashing that won’t work. You can throw reset as well, but I’m a little unsure on whether or not the rescaling is all that useful in that situation, as the throw is techable and the unbreakable damage she can get off it is pretty much limited to throw->tiger-kneed M. widow’s bits->shadow recluse. If you’re willing to risk the breaker on a fancy juggle though, then she could probably add a decent amount of extra damage in there.
1 Chance Breaks:
Instinct web, Shadow Widows Bite, Instinct web, jump, LWB (timed late twoards the ground), manual, ender.
opener, Instinct web, jump, LWB (timed late twoards the ground), manual, ender.
Instinct web, Shadow Widows bite, H widows bite (the jump cancel might be a bit tricky to land at first)
- This is her main unbreakable and there are some variations to it, for example you can do shadow blade demon after the web aswell, and you can end the combo regularly or with a bar of shadow, and I believe you can input a normal before the instinct web aswell. This unbreakable however cannot be preformed after an instinct cancel after a previously started combo (if you do so the Shadow widows bite will become breakable).
Opener (Blade demon, recluse, jump in…) web, H widows bite or sweep.
-This is good if you want to keep the pressure on and build white life at the same time.
mp auto-double jump canceled into cross-up HK
- I have to give credit to Mr.SadFlumps for this one. It can be effective, because your opponent may try to break the HK as a manual and you will get the counter hit. If the opponent blocks than you’re positive
Jump in mp, mash out light web-cling, H blade demon ender
- This was my creation. This only works on some characters (jago, sadira, kan ra, orchid to name a ferw) and with others you need to properly time the light web-cling. What happens is the ender doesn’t combo but you can still cancel out of it extremely quickly with any attack. This catches people off guard often. You can combo into this reset by jump canceling from a H auto or by jumping after you place an instinct web. I made a video about this a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgVNg_OInMw
- in combo and in instinct this can be a very powerful reset tool if the projectile is thrown very close to the ground or used after a jump in attack. Especially if you drop an instinct web right before you press a button after the MWB to ensure that the opponent cant hit you out of the reset. You can go for an empty jump low, grab, or time a jump mp really close to the ground.
-In instinct Sadira’s grabs become even more frightening because her KV meter is increased (longer juggles) and she can jump cancel her normals to make those juggles harder to break. Not to mention if you dont have meter you can end the juggle with a sweep, drop an instinct web on top and cross up the oppoenent as usual, except this time you can do a short combo (or an unbreakable) and cash out the white life from the juggle. Sadira also has a tricky setup after a forward grab, which is to dash under the opponent and as fast as possible jump and do medium web cling into HK. This is an ambiguous cross-up that also acts as a meaty. It can be hard to block and if they do block it you’re still crazy positive. If they mash DP on wake up, the DP whiffs (at least with jago, I havent tested this with every character)
- you can combo into sweep very easily in instinct, plus its an unbreakable manual, and since Sadira’s instinct shinanigans are so hard to block if you do everything correctly you’re almost guarenteed a sucessful reset. I do this alot, as well as Greif (if I remember correctly).
Sweep, tiger knee motion LWB but jump forwards (make sure you’re right nex to the opponent), instinct web, cr. lk, or grab.
- This places you on the other side of the opponent and the instinct web makes it a bit harder to react to but it also makes you completely safe.
on a side note I would reccomend learning and perfecting “KDD Juggles” because not only are they extremely effective but they are also really fun to pull off and are satisfying.
Thnx alot! This is exactly what I was looking for, I will try this out and see what works best for me.
No problem man, let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions!
time to hit the practice room. ive done enough damage to my repetoire online as of late. yes im still rusty :\ goddamn MGS 5!