Reptiles/Reptilia Thread

@justathereptile and @JEFFRON27 Here is this particular magazine that may piqued your interest: https://www.reptilesmagazine.com/

Ohh
 a reptile thread. I have a pet Turtle. She turned 29 this past September and I’ve had her since she was a hatchling.

She’s a red eared slider, and is basking on her raft as I type this.

2 Likes

Yeah turtles can live for a very long time.

2 Likes

And the very same is true for tortoises too

1 Like

Yup. For a red eared slider, I’ve heard anywhere from 35 to 80 in captivity. No joke, she’s in my will. The primary reason I made it was to make sure if something happens to me, she gets looked after.

2 Likes

Did you know you can buy a “Good Luck Cham” pocket turtle from Japanese vending machines? (Mostly found at aquariums, zoos, and museums!) :green_heart::turtle::green_heart:

-Zenek

1 Like

I did not. Wait, these turtles are alive? In a vending machine?

As funny as it would be to say something like “Oh, those wacky Japanese love nothing more than lining their pockets with sea turtle, red-footed tortoise, and alligator snapping turtle hatchlings!” This is a collection of cute, yet surprisingly lifelike little toys. They’re available for about $3 a pop too! :turtle:

You might be surprised at the cool toys you can discover in their capsule machines; they’re way better than spending a quarter for a sticky hand that gets dusty and gross after a minute

-Zenek

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are just toys/plastic good luck charms.

1 Like

Awesome. :smiley:

Cool and Neato :grin:

They look insanely real!

2 Likes
1 Like

I know salamanders aren’t reptiles, but I thought you’d get a kick out of these:

Most have a magnet on their bellies, and some are keychains, but they are too cool not to share. (and very hard to find and pricy outside of Japan, too!)

-Zenek

2 Likes

Very cute. :slight_smile: