Reporting System Needs an Overhaul

I would cry if restrictions were imposed on me.

As things are going, you really don’t have much to worry about. A few snarky comments here and there won’t get you banned. I would just not worry too much about the hidden messages. People can still read them, they are not removed. But I do understand that no one wants to sift through a message they feel is hurtful to find the tidbit of good. The thing with a forum like this, everyone wants to be heard and passion gets the better of us. We are human, we want to feel good, want to feel knowledgeable.

For me I hate when I make good detailed explination of something, then someone just paraphrases it and posts as their own. But what can I do? It’s a public forum. I have in the past made snarky comments to them saying dude I just friggin said that! Sometimes I get an apology, other times that in itself starts a new conflict. So there are times I just take breaks from the forums. My sanity is more important than trying to meet eye to eye with everyone.

That happened to me in LCD’s thread. I was the 1st to post about how stream and tournament numbers don’t equate to what he was suggesting and everyone basically ignored it, repeated it, and never actually acknowledged my post with an @, reply, or other acknowledgement of my post.

But you can’t let that get to you. Some people scroll to the bottom to reply, some don’t read and others don’t care. There are a plethora of reasons why the same thing can come up. Either it is a good reply and everyone reaches the same conclusion or who knows why, if I happen across something I would say I just like it. But that’s me. I’m one tiny little community member no different from you on a grand scale.

That’s why I sometimes do separate back to back posts - because I worry if I edit, the edit will be missed entirely because the discussion has already moved on with others’ replies.

If an edit is for a specific person I @ them so only they get notified

Otherwise I start a new one. Long as it is’t every sentence as a new post.

That makes sense.