Rational Discussion of Three Stages for Season 3 Thread

I’m agree with you! That fall is awful animation… Always make me facepalm…

1 Like

…wat…ki wasnt as serious as you remember…

you forgot about riptor eating you and farting with a bloated belly? orchid breast flashing?

Not to mention the Humiliations!!

2 Likes

It was also very bloody. It was on both sides of the spectrum, both trying to be comical and dark at the same time. MK did similar comical finishers early on.

ftr, I’m not one of those people who believes in “serious KI”.

I think serious KI would sell better. Deadpool has proven that a more mature rating doesn’t hurt sells as long as its done right. No Mercy’s don’t seem to fit in a comical KI. Shame this will never be possible.

But deadpool is also everything but serious. He’s as comically goofy and over the top as it gets so its kind of odd using him as an example of how mature and serious sells better.

His goofyness or humor takes full advantage of the rated R tag. It gave Deadpool more wiggle room instead of being contained in a box. You can’t say most of the jokes would have worked if Deadpool was rated PG-13. Same for KI. KI can keep the humor but also have more if it was rated M.

Yeah, but mostly it was rated R for Cussing, innuendo, Gore, Near Nudity (If Not nudity, if you count Ryan Reynolds Bare Cheeks) and a whole minute of Birds and bees stuff.

^LOL

Lets not forget inappropriate use of baby hands.

1 Like

Thing is, it’s up for debate whether this “more” you’re talking about is even good for the game as a whole. You could put an M rating on any product and give them the license to swear or be violent or add nudity, but it often doesn’t add anything of value and instead pigeonholes the game to a certain audience.

This conversation has been had a lot on these forums so I don’t want to get everybody going again, just wanted to say that some products work better when they’re rated T/PG-13. In my opinion, KI fills a really great niche as a T-rated game and adding a ton of mature content just for the sake of it would be a negative instead of a positive.

2 Likes

True, R-rated worked for Deadpool because it was needed to convey everything about Deadpool.
The M-rating was also neccisary for MK to convey the tone and violence MK is often associated with.

In before killerswift :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Funny thing is sometimes, I never understood why mature stuff was always neccisary for a form of media to be taken seriously. Because you could have form of media to be full of sex and violence, yet if not presented well, you could miss your mark. That’s not saying violence and dark stuff should not be hidden. Sometimes it works for a game, sometimes it works fr a movie to have the violence and gore. Though gamers, regardless of age will play a lot of things if the games are good. There could still be people in their 30-somethigns who still play minecraft, still play MK ect.
Even if someone is not target audience they could still have fun with the game, and it adds more revenue for the company.

Like I posted above, the T rating is making it hard to even have No Mercy’s. I didn’t recommend an M rating just to add blood, gore, nudity. I recommendd it to add what it needs, not to make KI become MK level of violence. Although deadpool was rated R it’s violence didn’t focus on gore/decapatations and used its mature rating on what it needed, it’s humor.

You gotta keep in mind…KI has always been aimed at a T-rating…Even the originals. Sure over the years the ESRB got a bit stricter, which is actually surprising to me, but from the get-go KI classic was T, as was KI2. I’m pretty sure it’d be safe to say Nintendo wouldn’t have allowed it to be M…I know they weren’t too happy with Goldeneye’s violence.

You don’t need an M rateing to create unique ultimately/no mercies. Amazing cinematic finishing attacks have been done before that doesn’t need dat M. Marvel vs capcom come to mind(dat gravity squeez), street fighters raging demon, the dragon ball Z games, helll even pokken has some cool finishing moves. And let’s not forget the naruto games. The new one regardless of how you might feel about the gameplay has some incredible amazing finishing super moves. (Dat future sasuke meteor burst ultimate move looks so gorgeous.)

I agree but so far it doesn’t seem like they are in a rush to recreate Fullgor’s old Machine Gun no Mercy.

That’s what I keep saying. I still don’t get how finishers means M rating. That’s like saying a game cannot be dark because it is rated T for teen.

meh im not in a hurry to recreate old moves as well… devastation beam markII finisher is where its at. especially if fulgore does it in a “kneel before zod” fashion

edit: for example sabrewolf could have an ultimate similar to iori from KoF desperation move. the one that is a counter hit super that blacks out the screen and shows iori appear and dissapear around the target slashing him drawing blood in each flash.

edit #2 finally found the name of the attack. chi no bousou its called