Rational Discussion of Three Stages for Season 3 Thread

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:214, topic:5040, full:true”]
[/quote]I mean, slipping it out without really saying why or giving us much warning beforehand seems pretty casual to me.

[quote=“RafaelSieger, post:216, topic:5040, full:true”]
[/quote]InB4 we have to community fund just to get our character stages…

They actually seem to want to answer us what we gain in exchange for the stages but apparently they have a schedule. We will probably know some more hopefully on Feb 25th, max 26th, after Microsoft’s event (it’s a closed event, I guess?).

1 Like

No, it doesn’t seem casual at all. Just because you don’t like a decision the developers make doesn’t mean you can say it was a thoughtless, throw away decision made casually. The implication of casual is that they don’t really care much about the game and can’t be bothered to make more stage. I don’t think it’s a fair extrapolation of the evidence. I’m sure they thought about it a lot.

1 Like

It’s 3 stages end off.
Theyve stated each character has their own dynamic theme.
The next stage shown is the last.
This is why I’m worried bout the upcoming cast. How many are there gonna be, and are they gonna stage share?

There is a big difference between budget and resources. You can have all the money in the world but even then there is a limit to what you can do by yourself. There are secret things happening in S3 that are big. So big that in order to get them out in time for the release date resources from other parts of the game will have to be pulled back which in this case happens to be one of THE most expensive things to make in KI:stages

No the decision wasn’t made casually, stages are important but if the cost is this high think about what the reward could be. Now I know the human beings are illogical, emotional, chaotic and at times just plain…different and whether the cost was worth the reward will most likely be an opinion that will be different for everyone but the least you can do is wait and see what the rest of the resources went to before going overboard

Is this enough for you? Also, someone has confirmed songs for every character. We will just have to wait and see how it works.

2 Likes

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:220, topic:5040, full:true”]
No, it doesn’t seem casual at all. Just because you don’t like a decision the developers make doesn’t mean you can say it was a thoughtless, throw away decision made casually. The implication of casual is that they don’t really care much about the game and can’t be bothered to make more stage. I don’t think it’s a fair extrapolation of the evidence. I’m sure they thought about it a lot.
[/quote]Its just such a blindsidingly insane revelation that frankly I have trouble believing even at this point, it sounds like some sick trolling attempt. I suppose you’re right, I can’t say that they causally made the choice because they probably thought a lot about it but still, deciding to hack and chop pieces out of the game that we’ve come to expect over two complete seasons is absolutely flabbergasting. When I read that the first time, I had no other reaction than a squinted stare and a tilted head as I tried to wrap my mind around that bizarre and confusing idea that they would actually think that was going to slip by and we weren’t going to be pissed off.

maybe a community fund for a stage pack would be good.

I’d pay for that.

Only issue i have: KI was somewhat special in that its the only fighting game (that i know of) in the modern era, where each combatant had their own stage.

Yes, it doesnt impact the fight mechanics, or how good a player is, but its nice variety.

1 Like

ok dude!
let’s see how it will work the ultra combo with the music of Hisako on the stage of Aganos, or the music of Spinal at the stage of the Maya.

Believe

I am not saying I like it. Actually I am one who wants character-stage 1:1 the most. But facts are facts.

1 Like

Well, your putting me in a position where I’m defending the decision. I don’t really want to speak for the devs. I would really like to see each character have a stage, although clearly I’m not as upset as some.

So putting aside some of your comment as hyperbole, I honestly don’t think they thought this would slip by unnoticed or that people weren’t going to be upset about it. But remember, there’s never a good time to deliver bad news and it’s never good PR to lead with an apology. So, they made the announcement as part of an article about the improvements being made to the game’s engine for lighting. As they have said, they wanted to get this out if the way so they could proceed with a steady stream of good news and reveals - clearly starting with Arbiter last night. Will those be enough to make up for the dearth of stages? I don’t know but we will have to see.

1 Like

This is still assuming more than 6 characters are even being made for Season 3. 9 characters across 3 stages sounds really weird, leading me to believe less characters as well.

The fact that they said it will be positive announcements from here on out makes me want to believe we will have at least the usual 8 characters.

i would totally support that but i dont think they will do it because then people here will say they did it on purpose for the extra cash.

I said in another thread im now not buying Day 1 anymore, ill see wholly whats included first. Its next month yet very little info on season pass content other than article on non season pass lightimg update being how we heard about 3 stages only thing. We dont know release date, number of characters, pricing etc and all KI Cup hype has subsided leaving the wave of negativity over stages issue as like lighting, dojo improvements and the balance changes are not season pass either. Its a bit anti-climatic at moment with season pass when it should be most hyped.

I’m terrified at the realization that we literally might have a roster of Kim, tusk, rash, and arbiter. With gargos as a story boss and that’s it… This makes no sense from any point of view. Season 1 and 2 made a profit and we have to compete with SF V. So let’s just butcher season three, even though their is no rush to release the whole season, I’m sure they got the same budget as season 1-2 or even more. I know people are complaining but it sucks when every character getting a stage was a big deal for ki and was made known over and over and now they going against what made ki unique and stand out.

3 Likes

[quote=“DIAMONDVISI0N, post:234, topic:5040”]
Season 1 and 2 made a profit
[/quote] Do you have a source for this?

[quote=“DIAMONDVISI0N, post:234, topic:5040”]
I’m sure they got the same budget as season 1-2 or even more
[/quote]Do you have a source for this?

Look, express your opinion however you like but don’t invent facts to try to support your case. You know literally nothing about the budget or profit margins for any season of KI.

1 Like

I may not know them as facts but Microsoft putting halo into ki they clearly want that to look amazing look at arbiters stage. It’s 100xs more intense then any other stage. If that’s not signs of a budget increase idk what is.

Budget increase does not mean resource increase. All the money in the world cannot help you to build a pyramid by yourself with a hard time limit with no outside help

1 Like