Ranked Leagues: Too Easy/Casual?

As long as you can’t rank down from losing then the system is definitely casual. They need to add that back otherwise the ranks are meaningless since everyone can only ever advance. With the way it is now everyone will eventually reach killer tier given enough time regardless of skill level.

1 Like

Platinum and Diamond Tier. That is all.

What are your thoughts on having killer tier win the best 3 out of 5? I’ve recently earned gold & my motivation to do so was solely based on wanting to play 2 out of 3. I usually play long sets with my friends so I enjoy the thought of fighting the best out 5.

Its not as easy as you make it sound for “casual” players, you can’t just keep playing to rank up because you loose points if you don’t win. Its not all about time played, or some kind of XP system from a game like Halo or Overwatch where literally you could loose every match and rank up. You might not drop a tier but unless your skill level is higher than your tier you’re going to be stuck there. :\

I’ve been stuck on gold for a few weeks now, can’t get past 100 or so points. I think all the “skilled” players are underestimating how hard the current system is for the actual casual players. Lets please not make things even harder for the middle and lower class just so the skilled guys can feel better about themselves.

3 Likes

But what’s wrong with being “stuck” there? If the system is supposed to represent player’s skill level then there should be no getting stuck mentality, if you get to a point where you struggle to advance then that’s simply the skill level the game is telling you you’re at until you level up your game.
Also the reason i say everyone will eventually reach killer is because as the higher skilled players move up a tier the skill level of the tier as a whole drops. Suddenly the average players of the tier are now the top players of the tier and as the process continues over and over again the skill level of the tiers as a whole drops and drops making the competition easier for everyone in the tier.

1 Like

Ain’t nobody got time for that. 3 out of 5 can actually be a decently long set if it’s close, something like 10 minutes. Most matches aren’t competitive enough that I’d want to have to beat the guy 3 times. If you want to run a legit set, then that’s what exhibition is for.

2 Likes

It does not matter what number on list you have, what matters is your actual skill, u dont need rat racing for that.

Actually, i think the grind to Killers is really balanced atm (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Killer grind is just fine)
The problem is there are more killers than ever and maybe it needs one-two more ranks above Killer.

Edit: I’m a casual player atm (actually, i played less often since i got Killer Rank), and just play for improve myself.

1 Like

My “mentality” is that I play my games to the fullest, when the devs unfairly put achievements in the ranked system it kind of implies that they expect you to reach Killer. I get that its not a flaw of the ranking system that I’m stuck, I get it that I’m a scrub and I shouldn’t be a killer but now I have to strive for that. Anyway that’s not my point at all, I’m not asking them to change it for myself so I can advance. I’m just saying that the skilled players need to take a step down of the high horse and realize that the system isn’t some easy trek through the park for everyone. They don’t need to make the journey more arduous for everyone just because those blessed with incredible talent don’t think its hard enough.[quote=“Hogarn, post:28, topic:13295, full:true”]
Actually, i think the grind to Killers is really balanced atm (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Killer grind is just fine)The problem is there are more killers than ever and maybe it needs one-two more ranks above Killer.

Edit: I’m a casual player atm (actually, i played less often since i got Killer Rank), and just play for improve myself.
[/quote]

I’m totally cool with more ranks above killer, that sounds cool but please don’t give them any achievements. :sweat:

1 Like

I think there’s an issue exactly as @FallofSeraphs76. There’s no perfect system that makes everyone happy. I find that now that I’m in Killer I don’t have a huge motivation to play. But it’s tough to think of what I would change. Right now I use it to level characters, albeit slowly.

1 Like

I disagree with this philosophy entirely. The system is not a challenge because of the ability for the game to rank you down (which can almost happen regarding points etc but not quite), it is a challenge because of the players that inhabbit it. Enough said.

I agree with what you’re saying.

I have been fighting a lot of good players up into Gold and leading back into Killer, they certainly got better since the reset.

Those few people you beat, don’t worry so much about it. You’ll wanna have a good balance of the lot. Sometimes it may not be the original owner of the GT behind the game perhaps? there’s plenty ofother explinations to but even so. I’ve lost to every killer with pro-stars. So…yeah

Anytime i make a few hundred points in Gold, i get matched up against either Killers or Gold Ultras that absolutely trounce me. There are people there i feel rode on the backs of either new characters (Rash/Gargos/Eyedol) or whatever, but not too, too many.

More levels? Dunno. I’ve never even tasted what being at the top of the ladder is like, i’m always clawing to get there lol. So from my perspective, the system right now is fine. Keep in mind though? I’ve watched this game be played since S1. I didn’t pick it up until S3. The struggle of S1 ranked is unknown to me.