Random Character Tournament Vol. 6: Christmas Edition šŸŽ„ (CONCLUDED)

That golem started out strong, but then quickly started to break downā€¦

Fight mine. Itā€™s a long-time proven fighting machine that is ready to go, even right now. I just finished oiling the joints. Iā€™ll be waiting. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Maybe sometime this christmas week, howā€™s that?

Part 2:

Part 3 (and rage quit):

1 Like

So at about 58 seconds, when Aganos misses the Counter Break, you use crouching light kick into Windkick, then Shadow Windkick where you opt to use Instinct cancel, but miss the heavy manual.

I suggest going for an optimal punish that can be changed in variation. So, instead go with Standing Heavy/Double Roundhouse into Shadow Laser Sword. They wonā€™t be able to break until after the Shadow, where you can then Instinct Cancel, into Endokuken, manual and end your combo for either battery or damage.

I do like your use of mobility like at 1:27 where you take advantage of his full screen Windkick as a mobility tool while Aganos is in recovery where you then grab. You can always add a light Endokuken as a guard to your Windkick too, but itā€™s purely situational.

In general, refrain from overusing his Windkick, itā€™s a great asset to confirm on most hits and difficult to break during linkers but does low damage and isnā€™t the best use for meter.

Also, you are using a lot of lights, itā€™s nice for pokes and like I said, you are bullying your opponent by keeping your footwork tight, but itā€™s forcing you to push your opponent far enough for you to miss your confirm. If you want to use lights, tap them into grab or tap them into a light Windkick, just be careful of recovery frames.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Iā€™m, generally speaking, free until the 1st Wednesday of January - hit me up mid-day or late evening, eastern time. :wink:

Also, the more videos you post, the more I learn your methods and weaknesses - I hope, for your sake, youā€™ll heed everyoneā€™s advice and improve. 'Cause if you donā€™t, youā€™ll get buried. :smiling_imp:

I look forward to the challenge - the sooner, the better.

1 Like

Iā€™m 85% sure about making it into the tournament

2 Likes

Iā€™m 85% sure Iā€™m going to lose round 1.

1 Like

So when do we get to see the brackets?

ā€¦lolā€¦Iā€™m about 80% sure Iā€™ll hit someone with a fireball, but beyond that I have no clue.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be arriving from my trip the same day to play, Iā€™ll be exhausted after travelling the whole night XD. Still got to be sure about the time I have to play. Iā€™ll be able to play until 4.30 pm here . But considering how good Iā€™m with the assigned character I may not make it that far, lol. Iā€™m in UTC-3 , can anyone confirm what time will the tourney start? thanks =)

< shrug > Preparing myself to get destroyed. Always wanted to learn Arbiter, but kinda donā€™t really care right now :joy:

1 Like

Problem, we have no streamerā€¦

@SonicDolphin117 You up to do it again?

If you promise to let me modify the brackets and make sure I always have a co-commentator.

Iā€™ll check, I think Iā€™ll be around.

3 Likes

I can try too, if Dolphin has trouble. Iā€™ll stream as a last resort.

This may be the one time I can beat you in a tourney setting :persevere:

Lol :joy:

1 Like

Well, weā€™re gonna have @ItzTymeToDul with us :wink:

1 Like

When are the brackets final?

Wednesday

2 Likes

If Kilgore gets released as beta character like Rash, can he be assigned?

1 Like

Are we allowed to talk about ā€œthatā€?

Yep. Kilgore is official.

2 Likes