Random Character Tournament Vol. 4: Halloween Edition šŸŽƒ (CONCLUDED)

well me and @SonicDolphin117 and banemobius maed it to top 3 :blush:

@PVXenoraptor / @SonicDolphin117

What worries me about this tournament series, and why I made such a big fuss about Sonic in the Twitch chat is despite being an open tournament, I donā€™t think itā€™s very friendly to lower-end players. By that, I mean weā€™re not going to get this thing to grow, if all we ever have are the best players participating - why would anyone participate or sign up for a tournament they know they canā€™t win, much less do well in?

I was happy to see that most of the best players from previous tournaments were NOT participating in this 1, and then I find out due to a dropout (I think), Sonic, whoā€™s a 1-star top 32 player, gets in. Any chance I, or any other lower level player, had just went out of the window once that happened.

Sorry for being cynical, but thatā€™s my take. IMO, we should not allow any pro or top 32 players to sign up. Sonic does just fine as a commenatator and advisor and could still participate in that capacity.

Few problems with your statement:

1: What do we use to classify a ā€œpro player,ā€ and

2: The randomness of the tournament is meant to mitigate the effects of player familiarity and skill.

Not to mention @BiyemAssi237 and @SlenderCashew50 took games off me.

But hey, if you donā€™t want me here, then fine. I didnā€™t need to spend my afternoon trying to have fun with my friends anyway.

4 Likes

ok guys just drop that or take it on private messages

A pro is someone who regularly travels abroad to tournaments to win prizes (usually cash) and is often, but not always, sponsored.

You might think the randomness mitigates but it really doesnā€™t in a lot of cases. Many players are skilled with many characters and/or have a strong grasp of fundamentals. You have both.

Iā€™m not asking you to not have fun. Just to take a break, so others can have a chance at the limelight.

PM me, @PVXenoraptor and @SonicDolphin117.

V5 Is here!

Iā€™m going to bed nowā€¦

Sorry to @Sasuke99I and @Crainiak24 for the connectivity letdowns.

But sorry to @SonicDolphin117 the most, I shouldā€™ve seen the whole thing comingā€¦

Well, Iā€™ve only ever participated in one offline tournament, and I am not sponsored.

1 Like

ā€¦but you ARE a top 32 player. Also, 8-Bit Beatdown and others hgenerally qualify as pro tournaments due to their prizes and usual skill level of participants, and since it gets you a chance at the world cup - despite being an online tournament.

guys plss take this to PM or just drop it

1 Like

You could be Top 32 every month if you tried. Donā€™t use that to judge skill.

I have tried. 4x.

I feel to sluggish to stop thingsā€¦

@GalacticGeek Iā€™ve gotten my ā– ā– ā–  handed to me by @SonicDolphin117 and @BHswordsman09.

And I respect my loses, but then again, fighting pros is also a thing you can learn from.

Now I must rest in my test tubeā€¦

I hope weā€™re cool, Sonicā€¦:sob:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not disputing that, Slender. Iā€™m thinking about ways to get more people involved or to sign up. A tournament series will grow stagnant and boring for viewers with the same participants, top players, and winners every time.

i have only been on 2

Again, Iā€™m not mad at you. I just figured you would plan ahead for this kind of thing. Itā€™s tough running a tournament by yourself with a capture card that was uncooperative a few times without control over the challonge bracket.

Also, shoutouts to @Dayv0 for helping me out.

5 Likes

Man oh Man.

My internet cut out for a bit.

What did I miss?

1 Like

not much ^^ lol just a litle bit of drama

1 Like

Honestly, I respect that you are able to stand up and express your thoughts like this. I really do.

But unfortunately, I donā€™t have a button I can press to lower my skill level. So just because I enjoyed the game enough to play it enough to get to the level Iā€™m at, I canā€™t have fun with my friends anymore?

3 Likes

Oh ok.

I justā€¦ Hope everythingā€™s okā€¦?

eh just ignore it dont bother this has nothing to do with you man

4 Likes