Random Character Tournament Series 2: Volume 1 🎮

#WE’RE BACK!

Challonge Bracket:
Twitch Channel:
Twitter Contact: www.twitter.com/PsychoVipersKI

Top 16 date and time: TBA
Tournament Format: Single Elimination

The tournament play is simple: You will be given a character at a random state, and you must stick with that character for the entire tournament.

As inspired by @WrathOfFulgore’s weekly tournament, we’d had a think about the duration, and some say it was time-consuming, essentially.

We have chosen to close the registration on a certain date and we will assign the characters to players on the same day. Players have almost 2 weeks to do their matches with their opponents, arranged by themselves.

We will be streaming Top 16, on a soon given time, stay tuned.
There will be NO prizes for this volume of Series 2
We also have a special announcement to make during the event, stay tuned!

Standing character assignment:
JAGO-
SABREWULF-
GLACIUS-
THUNDER-
SADIRA-
ORCHID-
SPINAL-
FULGORE-
SHADOW JAGO-
TJ COMBO-
MAYA-
KAN-RA-
RIPTOR-
OMEN-
AGANOS-
HISAKO-
CINDER-
ARIA-
KIM WU-
TUSK-
ARBITER-
RASH-
MIRA-
GARGOS-
GENERAL RAAM-
EYEDOL-
KILGORE-
SHIN HISAKO-

@PVT1AORyanBay @TheNinjaOstrich @KevBones10 @SonicDolphin117 @lewisthewizard @Sasuke99I @Crainiak24 @ItzTymeToDul @ZTRAINOVER9000

5 Likes

@FallofSeraphs76 @G0tei13Izaragi @Dayv0 @BHswordsman09 @Ziarist @VerminatorX @MDMMORNING @oTigerSpirit @Somea2V @Draigh

1 Like

I would participate, but I know I will be working during top 16 so that is a pass. I’m sure the tournament will go great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant wait to see what the special announcement is!

1 Like

I would love to enter, but won’t know if I will be able to. I’ll have to check back in after this upcoming Monday, when I’ll know better what my immediate future will be looking like.

I appreciate you thinking of me though!

<3

3 Likes

Signed up!

1 Like

Can i haz Shin Hisako ples?

1 Like

Even though you didn’t tag me, I found you and I’m in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m out of town the 8th to the 15th but with a single elimination tournament I should be long done by then. If I win into top 16 then I’m available (albeit horrifically jet lagged) on April 15. Incidentally, this is the day in the USA that tax filings for the previous year are due - so everyone hates the date.

For what it’s worth I think the new format makes sense. Is there a cap on the number of entrants? Since there’s 28 characters it’s not clear how the top 16 will be sorted. A single round where everyone fights leaves you with a top 14…

Edit: ugh, never mind. Turns out my flight schedule won’t have me home in time for the top 16 on the 15th. I will unregister. But good luck!

1 Like

I would sign up but I don’t have Kilgore :frowning:

A) Shame on you!
B) Sign anyway, what are the chances? 1/28! Seems fair to me. Either you get Kilgore nad get DQ for not fighting, or you don’t get him and wipe everyone’s ■■■

2 Likes

I don’t have Shin Hisako either. I’ll give it a shot though.

I thought there was a top 16 round either way, but, we’ll see how many people sign up and take it from there, I guess.

Well, it’s math. Half of the people lose each time. So unless you have 32 players you won’t have 16 winners. You can set up a bracket for 8 matches (16 players) but what will happen is most people will start in that round while a few will have to fight in a prior round.

Anybody have a graphic of this they can share with @PVXenoraptor?

You might want to think about broadcasting too 8 a because you are much more likely to get at least 16 players and then you will have everyone at least winning a round to make top 8.

1 Like

10 days left for sign up :wink:

I guess it will be a “stone in the road”.

Basically means I’ll stop the random generator from him getting Kilgore and Shin Hisako.

I got Shin Hisako now :smiley:

2 Likes

This was all an Aprl fools prank lul.

3 Likes

We’re actually moving the tournament to May, due to the appearance of other tournaments on the same day, and I have exams to revise for.

These were good times!

2 Likes

We should brIng back KI RCT!

2 Likes