Rage Quitting a Shadow Match

So, I recently grabbed KI on Steam (since the windows 10 store still needs lots of improvements). One of the first things I did was create my Sabbie shadow in the shadow lab. Nothing overly indulgent. Did my 3 evaluation matches vs the Jago AI, then the final (graduation) match where I play Jago vs my shadow (and got my butt kicked). Then just set in loose into the wild, while I play some Shadow Lords (unfortunately, no data upload to shadow in SL mode :frowning:).

Came back the next day, to find that my little boy had a win under his belt. Cool! So, I eagerly checked the replay to see how things went. Match loaded up vs a Sadira player. Young player, I could tell. Since he/she was mashing lights with combo assist on. Guess my shadow still doesnā€™t have enough combo breaking knowledge just yet to deal with something so easily broken, but I digress. Hereā€™s the thing: My lil guy shredded this Sadira so bad, that they straight up rage quit right near the end of the match. WHAT!? Itā€™s a shadow! And you picked the match, it didnā€™t pick you. WTF?

Donā€™t know if I should be upset that they RQā€™d on my shadow, or laughing hysterically. I got the win, either way, but geez.

Could it have been a crash? Shadow Lab is not the most stable of modes these days. Or sometimes it shows desynched replays where one or both characters arenā€™t behaving exactly as the player did in the match itself/cuts off the win pose/ultra, etc. Iā€™ve had a few weird replays like this before, but nothing that obviously screams ā€œrage quitā€ so much as the mode itself looking like itā€™s having issues.

Meh. Could have been a desync. Virtually anything is possible.

But, when itā€™s a supreme victory, & the match just stops mid combo, it gets my eye brows raising a little bit. Ya know what Iā€™m saying?