RAAM Safe Jumps

After doing some labbing I’ve found some safe jumps that you can use after common knockdowns. Unless otherwise mentioned, these safe jumps work on anyone that doesn’t have a invincible reversal that is 6 frames or faster (excluding Cinder’s 7f reversal). These commands should be inputted immediately, one after the other, and for best results the jump in should be timed a little later than usual.

After Light Command Grab:

• Any combination of 2 dashes (so forward then back, or back then forward, or forward and forward), neutral jump or forward jump HP.
  • Corner Only! Forward-dash, back-dash, neutral jump HK. (this one works against 2f reversals that have short, vertical hitboxes like Jago’s)

After MK OTG:

• Backdash, forward jump HP.
  • Corner Only! Backdash, neutral jump HK (safe notes as the “Corner Only” above)

Forward Throw:

• Midscreen Only! MK, forward jump late LK.
  • Difficult! F+MK, walk forward or backward till you see a little movement, jump forward HP. (walking forward will cross-up, backwards will not)

I have more but want to test those out a little bit more. This list is by no means completed, if you have some safe jumps you would like to share please let me know and I’ll update the OP.
Thank you!

8 Likes