R.I.P. Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister

It is with a heavy heart I bring the news that Lemmy Kilmister, legendary front man and bassist for pioneering speed metal act Motörhead, passed away yesterday after a brief battle with cancer.
He will go down in history as a man once thought indestructible, reportedly living off of nothing but beans, whiskey, and cigarettes for decades and only starting to slow down in his eleventh hour. He was and still is an inspiration for generations of metal enthusiasts.
In memoriam, we should not mourn his death, but celebrate the life he left behind. Blast some Motörhead, have a drink in his honor, and rest
easy knowing that he’ll be in good company.

^Here’s a GIF of Lemmy having a drink with the late, great Ronnie James Dio.
It may hurt now, but it warms my heart to know that these 2 titans can drink together once again.
Rust in Piece, Metal God.

5 Likes

Noooooo! This is shocking news… R.I.P. Lemmy.

1 Like

R.I.P Lemmy one of the greatest and influential rockstars of all time.

1 Like

Not the kind of news you wanna hear just after waking up in the morning. R.I.P Lemmy, another legend taken from us.

2 Likes

Seen Moterhead a few times throughout the years. Most recently was 3 years ago at Rock Star Mayhem fest… Micky Dee’s drum solo was off the chain yo! (Former drummer of King Diamond as well)

I never like Motorhead much…but i respect there contribution to metal. The documentary “LEMMY” is pretty good…should watch it if you havent already.

1 Like