Punishing point blank glacius DP > shadow hail

db-df

1 Like

When someone uses number notation, look at the numpad on your keyboard (as if you were 1st player). 1 is down-back, 3 is down-forward. So a fireball motion is 236.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Block stun at point blank despite inputs. I canā€™t really get it =(

Then donā€™t bother with it. Instead create situations where you wonā€™t have to block the PP. And IF you DO block the PP expect the hail and act accordingly.

I donā€™t think ā€œdonā€™t bother with itā€ is good advice. The execution is not that difficult, you just need to practice for a bit until youā€™re consistent with it. You may be able to avoid being put in situations where you have to block it, but if you DO have to block it you should be able to know how to do this. Itā€™s a massive difference; if you donā€™t learn, he gets away with it, but being able to do this means you can tag him with a counterhit for 16% damage, not that far off from what you get from a heavy > shadow punish. Mastering stuff like this is a big part of being a player that can make the most of a scramble situation.

1 Like

Well. Itā€™s either she letā€™s it be or keeps trying. I know Iā€™m not gona really bother with it since the cons outweight the pros anyway.

Kan-Raā€™s shadow clutch punishes it now.

Thanks for checking that! Also, re-checking aria, her punish isnā€™t nearly as easy as I thought, so Iā€™ll change that.

Yeap, but not matter how much Iā€™ve tried I canā€™t pull it out at that distance. Only get it if Iā€™m not just attached to him (out of safe jump distance). Sorry Iā€™m that bad I canā€™t pull it out. Honestly I see the gap but no matter how I try the inputs worth for nothing. Maybe I canā€™t buffer it, donā€™t know. Will try a bit more, but it gets frustrating if I canā€™t even get it in time when I really need it. Got it vs Cinder once, canā€™t get it consistently. Anyway, good ingo for those who can pull it out consistently, Iā€™ll share.

(I have to correct myself. When glacius does a very early cancel, kan Ra canā€™t punish it. It worked yesterday, but I somehow did a delayed cancel on that hard puddle punch xx shadow hail.

So if done correctly kan ra canā€™t punish.)

EDIT: okay I tried it again with the same dummy recording and I got it twice out of 30 times I tried. You have to be frame perfect with your stick or gamepad motion. If you stand up to early it wonā€™t work. I think the window is 1 or 2 frames.