Pronounciation of Jago and Maya

This thread has given me a headache.Someone slap me for walking into it and Thank You

2 Likes

I was cringing when devs called Glacius Glay shee us in tender moments

I still do.

Its pronounced like the British version of Glacier (Glay-see-er) not the American (Glay-shure). So his name is Glay-see-us not Glay-shee-us. Man, I know this is a semi-joke thread but I hate hearing his name mispronounced. lol

2 Likes

I still pronounce the American version. I live there.

Doesnā€™t matter where you live, the pronunciation is in-game therefor its the correct way to say it.

That being said, you can pronounce it however you like. Iā€™m not here to police everyone, just stating that its grating at times to hear it butchered.

Ariaā€™s name is pronounced correctly.I asume everyone knows itā€™s based on the type of music, an aria: a light, melodic vocal piece.

From what I understood Mayaā€™s pronunciation has to do with a difference in British vs American pronunciation.

Glacius, I honestly prefer how itā€™s currently pronounced, and I suppose you could say the European was of saying Glacier (gla-see-er) honestly makes more sense if you take into consideration that the origins of the word ā€œiceā€ actually came from ā€œglassā€ā€¦Iā€™m sure everyone could see the connection there.

1 Like

What next, we gonna call Spinal ā€œSpin-elā€?

2 Likes

Jago (Jay-Go) just sounds cooler, Iā€™ve said it all my life and I donā€™t plan on changing it, Maya is fine either way. I donā€™t care how people prounce it, tomato tamahto

Really this whole topic is just a giant nit-pick and it really doesnā€™t affect the game at all. If you wanna call Jago Jaw-Go thatā€™s fine go right for it.

That one is actually pretty doubtful considering the word spine, which Spinal is obviously derived from, follows the basic English rule where you make the first vowel long if the word ends with an ā€œeā€.

2 Likes

Not just British vs American, Iā€™d say it was specifically the British dialect used in that case.

3 Likes

Nope. Thatā€™s not how the vowel for A works. He should be called Spine-Al. Like Al as in Alvin.

:eyes:

Whaaaaat lol

Full-Bore for Fulgore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

J - go
Mah - e - ah

But the vowel is still the same! And actually, Fulbore is the title of his original theme.

1 Like