Pot Bonus Distribution for 2017

I don’t think you know what an FGC villain is larry because what you are doing now isn’t anything like what they did back in the day.

4 Likes

A FG villain goes against other players(his rivals), not against the GAME itself or the devs.

You are going against the game and the devs Larry. Constantly.

7 Likes

You clearly don’t understand what people mean when they say this about players in other games.

5 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t need to be a role model for KI. I’m not going to agree with everything the devs do and never have.

You mean like in every other game? lol
No that’s exactly what this community needs is drama. I’m tired of everyone holding hands being goodie goodie two shoes. Make storylines, be controversial, make people talk, speak your minds.

How dare you confine me to being a certain type of villain. There is more to being the bad guy then just calling people frauds and doing money matches. Being the bad guy for me is saying what I want and not giving a crap about what anyone else thinks which is frowned upon by most especially in these forums lol.

You don’t have to be a role model and you don’t have to agree with them on everything. But your negativity AND false info spread damages the game.

You CAN AND SHOULD give constructive criticism. But what you do isn’t.

2 Likes

Good. I’m glad people feel this way about me. I’m tired of conforming myself to what everyone else wants me to be or say. Also shout outs to me making this thread to give constructive criticism of of Ultra Tour payouts and distribution but of course I’ve been nothing but attacked for it lol. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Sad thing about having an opinion some people will jump into defensive mode about it and while they may not see it as attacking someone it does come that way to others.

NOW to be on topic.

I see both sides of the argument. While both options have there pros and cons. I see both sides and well picking one over the other isn’t always the best. Now if we could some how combine the two options that would be great. So hear me out with how I think we could potentially do this.

So lets say pot bonus tournament organizers give out is top 8 like we normally do it. Now lets say the community fund gives X amount of money to a tournament organizer. if we put 50% of the funds given to buff up the pot bonus for lets say the top 3 players. and the other 50% to spread some love to the lower winnings and maybe even add some money to top 10 or so. (even if its still chump change like maybe 10$) all it needs to do is cover the entry fee to some small tournaments. It could bring more players in. While also alleviating the problem of removing money from the higher tiered players.

(however this all rests on how well our community fund is doing :/)

but that’s just my two cents. on theory crafting a solution

P.S.
Now as for you posting a lot id rather see people post a lot and get a convo going (even if sometimes arguments happen). Then people not posting. You are a great streamer and person so Thank you for posting and thank you for basically anything you’ve done for this community.

Lmao. You guys need to ease up a bit on Larry. At least Larry is trying to keep this forum interesting to get us talking from time to time and supports tourneys when he can. FYI you guys are falling for bait. Every.time. but I usually hold my tongue and don’t post but you guys do too much. I agree on bigger pot distrubution. More money all around :purple_heart:.

1 Like

Yep. that’s not a villain. That’s just a dickhead thing to do.

1 Like

Well, you actually come and engage with the forums fairly often in a non-toxic manner, so no, you’re not really much of a villain in my book. I actually enjoy the vast majority of your threads and the conversations they start.

Quoted for truth. Because of the work that you have put into your stream and your tournament success, you are an influential person in this community. You can like or dislike it, and manage it how you want, but you are an influential outlet for much of the KI scene. Do with that what you will.

Eh, depends. Players with a good shot at winning the big pot bonuses, sure. But within KI at least, that’s probably 20 people total, 32 if we’re being generous. If Bass, Nicky, Thompxson, Sleep, and DaytonJ show up, that number probably reduces to 10. No matter how you slice it, massive payouts to the Top 3-Top 8 aren’t going to entice a lot of non-dominant players, simply because those people don’t have a realistic shot at winning any money. Maybe it makes some of those dominant players show where they otherwise wouldn’t, but as previously stated, that’s going to get you like 32 people (and that’s being very generous) tops.

Again: 2,200 people don’t show up to play Sm4sh/Melee and 5,000 people don’t show up to play SFV because they think they have a realistic shot at winning a bunch of money. They are there because they love the scene and because they love their game. I’ve gone to 4 offlines now and will be at the KIWC in a month; I’ve never once gone because there was a big pot bonus or because I was expecting a payout. Heck, I didn’t even know KIWC had payouts for Top 32 until like a week ago.

Quoted for emphasis. No, your comparison really isn’t valid here :confused:

And yes, it’s fine to like getting money (I love getting money!), but if the casual scene feels that’s your (or any top player’s) only goal, then they may or may not want to subsidize your love of money with their tournament entry fee. Again, those casuals and semi-competitive people are the ones who actually make our scene grow - we antagonize them with a flippant “pay me more” attitude at our peril.

That’s one way to look at it. The other is that such things also turn off another segment of the population. I personally don’t find it enjoyable to watch people disrespect one another inside and outside the game. My first offline was Winter Brawl, the one where FChamp played the exhibition set with KBR and generally acted like an ■■■■■■■ for the entire set. The only thing that made me do is simply tune him out in any further tournament in which he might be participating. I don’t follow his stream, don’t contribute views to the streams he appears in, and don’t give his articles clicks on Eventhubs. Being ■■■■■■■ doesn’t necessarily bring the hype for everyone - for some of us that just turns us off the scene. I think there’s a certain amount of people who will absolutely flock to such things, but I don’t know that I believe that number is substantially larger than the number of people who’ll watch “good, clean fun.” The key determinant in whether I watch a streamer is very simple - does this person actually seem to like and have fun with the game he’s playing?

That’s not to say that I don’t love Money Matches or Exhibitions - I absolutely do. But I don’t think those things require disrespect to happen and be interesting. Personal attacks and villainy and “beef” aren’t interesting to me, and are more likely to turn me off from the scene than anything.

8 Likes

No Ill intentions behind that lol.

Love ya Larry :thumbsup:

just make more content that drives more revenue and new players…

This is actually one of my favorite things in movies ever!

2 Likes