Poll: S3 lack of stages

Let it go.

Definitely not happy with their descion, not really liking any of season 3 choices

Iā€™m a big fan of KIā€™s stages, so Iā€™m sad that they wonā€™t have one for each character this season.

But I imagine creating stages is really tough, and now that we have 19-20 stages, each of which is better than stages in any other game, it seems like they hit a saturation point. So I understand (but am sad at) the decision to make fewer stages this season. 26 stages for 26 characters would be nice, but is definitely an exorbitant amount considering the work that goes into them.

If a community fund is done this year, and one of the options is ā€œmake 1 more stageā€, I would probably be down for that. I probably wouldnā€™t choose it over ā€œlet IG make another unique non-guest characterā€ but I would probably choose it ahead of some other things.

1 Like

Well if more stages are to much work one would think that they would lower the a la carte price of individual characters as a result. Since all that work isnā€™t being put into the character packages as a whole and a good percentage of the workload isnā€™t being delivered now. A pre season 3 character with a stage is of more value than half the package we were getting for a premium price, clearly the price should be lowered.

I think they should make one or two stages later during or after S3 is finished that is completely independent of any character identity. Whether this is as a gift from IG/MS to us or by a community fund.

The stage (s) should be something along the lines of a mutual battlefield, temple, dojo, city, mountain, sky pillar stage(?) That is used to act as a stage for characters that have no stage to play on and even current ones with stages so you can interchange the theme music without having that weird feeling of it not belonging.

Will probably never happen but just a thought.

the good news, is with the dev team alluding to the usage of the KIGOLD, perhaps later this season we will see a Mk-esque dl pack of new levels/ retro stages, etc. I am holding out hope for this!

yep they said something like ā€œhold on to that KI gold for S3ā€ I really wonder if they will become more relevant, perhaps like fight money in sf5

Iā€™d like to know how many of the people complaining about 3 stages, actually use every single stage when fighting. I know I rarely ever see Riptor, Fulgore, Orchird, and to some extent the odd Tj, Sabrewulf, Cinder, Glacius, Spinal stages being usedā€¦ your most likely fighting on Jago, Maya, Aganos, Sadira, Thunder stages, then maybe Aria, Hisako, Kan-ra due to stage ultrasā€¦ so we are getting three stages where at least two will be definitely dominant in matches and Tusk may fall into the middle of the packā€¦ but regardless your asking for 5 additional stages to fall into the unused slot, let be real all, if they released a stage per person, most will only play a gargos stageā€¦ btw

you do realize that Rash is a guest character which like a bonus thus as Omen he doesnā€™t have a stage, we got a stage for 3/4 of the release characters, including where all returning character are outfitted with a stageā€¦ so whatā€™s so important for the remaining Guest or New characters to receive one?

like it has been said beforeā€¦ If later on we get Gargos stage or a Boss stage then that satisfies everything but to say we are over paing for the game because stages are ā€œmissingā€ is crazy

I have no doubt that MS & IG would also prefer a Stage for each character, but there are obviously reasons for it that we donā€™t know about. Thereā€™s more to it than just ā€œshould theyā€ or ā€œshouldnt theyā€. If they couldā€™ve, Iā€™m sure they wouldā€™ve.

1 Like

exactly, Iā€™ve said this many times also, the PC port is a huge project, if these concerns were brought up with the PC version not being involved I might understand but If I were the developers, my main goal & priority would be to bring out the best most consistent and flawless FUNCTIONING game as possible at launch, not aesthetics like stagesā€¦ to be able to be probably the first Game in recent history to launch console and PC without much hicksā€¦ look at Arkham, Gears, GTA, MKX, SFV, and the rest that have failed at the initial PC port, some were absolute disastersā€¦ My priority would be to not fall into this issue for my first shot at such a huge stepā€¦ KI isnā€™t a AAA title, this could launch it well on its way to one though and stuff like stages which they can make and release at a later time should be placed on the back burner rightly so

1 Like

Arbiter got one and rash is not a bonus character I am sure we are getting original ki characters as well this season I also try to play on as many stages as possible to not get fatigued I get so bored with sfv for this very reason.

The big problem with this, is up until now, every character has had their own stage. So at the very least, the game is going to feel unfinished due to this decision. Im definitely not happy about it.

how you can leave gargos with out a stage ?

I can totally see IG, doing a pay for map pack or community thing down the road, this one wonā€™t die I canā€™t see a character getting released without a stageā€¦ it has to happen somehow.

Definitely feel at the very least Gargos should have a stage. The big bad.

So if we dont have any more stages why not make the themes work like Street Fighter? I was doing survival and the game chooses KanRaā€™s music and stage for Rashā€¦ kinda sucks at least give his theme on that stage!

The problem there is, in the first two seasons. the themes were made to compliment both itā€™s accompanying character and stage. Rashā€™s theme therefore sounds totally out of place in most of the other stages. That kind of thing works better in SF, due to the stages not being character specific.

I do feel every original KI character deserves their own stage (Gargos, Mira, etc) but itā€™s not that big a deal for me. Maybe by the end of S3, there will be a Shadow Jago / crowdfunding kind of deal to do the extra stages anyway.

I dont think so, Ryuā€™s theme on the Brazillian stage sounds weird but it works thereā€¦ i really want this as default in KI too if we dont get the rest of the stages :frowning:

Iā€™d be down for character stage crowd funding, just say the word IG.
Iā€™d like to see stages for all the characters, guest characters included.