(Poll) Are you interested in getting to know the Japanese KI scene?

xbox popularity in Japan

Oh. But that doesnā€™t necessarily mean there ISNā€™T a KI community. It will be cool to see what is popular in Japan! :smile:

8 Japanese players flew to EVO to compete this year. 1 of them made top 8. 4 of them won a 4 on 4 exhibition against a group of top USA players. OGTY, one of their English speaking players, says they love the game and have about 30 players over there.

Iā€™m not sure why you are being so negative about it, but the rest of us would love to know more about them.

4 Likes

Even if X1 isnā€™t as popular over there itā€™s still good to see other folks from different countries are enjoying it.

It would be cool if we went full esports and had pre interviews with each opponent before the match.

2 Likes

My girlfriendā€™s Asian so yeah? :joy:

In all seriousness I am interested to see what another region thinks of certain characters and who they tend to side more with. I heard there was more of a fanbase for Omen with Japanese competitors which will be refreshing to see, getting pretty tired of Mayaā€™s, Wulfs and Sadiraā€™s. Would like to see some Omen going against Aganos, even Cinder up against Riptor.

There is group of people getting together to play KI competitively. I am interested in how they play and train, and what they like about KI and the roster.
I am not doing an xbox survey.

3 Likes

Iā€™m super excited for the Japanese scene! Whenever OGTY and Catdrugs have their duel Twitch/Nico Nico douga commentary on a Japanese KI tournament the viewers for Nico Nico are almost Triple the twitch numbers! (Iā€™m talking like 1100 people watching!)

Iā€™m interested in seeing how their meta is compared to ours. (Omen is apparently top tier there, thatā€™s crazy!)

2 Likes

so the tournament will be stream on twitch ā€¦
and if any one can tell the exact time and date of the twitch if will be any one so i can see it
and for sure will be awesome

1 Like

Kombo Klash is this weekend saturday and Sunday.The time im not too sure. It will be late for us if youre in america since japanese times zones. It could start at 1am east coast time. 2pm Japanese time.

2 Likes

Im interested would be nice to see how these guys play KI. Specially as the FGC in japan is historically so strong

1 Like

That really doesnā€™t mean much. Just because a console isnā€™t as popular in one area than another, doesnā€™t mean nobody plays it. It will be fun! Have an Open mind. Imagine you meet a Japanese Player who plays (Iā€™m taking an educated guess that your main is Cinder, due to your profile pic) Cinder like you, and tells you that Cinder is very popular in Japan, and they show you new tech for Cinder. I for one, would think that is Cool! :smile:

1 Like

thanks for the information will keep eye on it

If Japan has a KI arcade cabinet then yes!
Lol, but would like to know of course!

1 Like

Thanks all for voting and I just closed the poll. Nearly 80 votes thatā€™s pretty generous. Also 96% (as of Oct 22) voted that they would like to know a bit more (I am careful with the wording ;)) about Japanese players and the KI scene in this country.

Anyway, I am good to go for Saturday. As a first step I will go and support fellow KI lovers on the first day of Kombo Klash Japan. Hopefully I will be able to take some nice pictures to really capture the atmosphere and talk to some of the players there. So my only question to myself is: do I just bring my camera or do I bring the fight stick too :smile:

Thanks and I will keep you up to date on when I will post a first report.

3 Likes

Dude, take the fight stick.

and the camera to

To all voters: I havenā€™t forgotten you!
I will be posting my first encounter with players from the Japanese KI scene shortly hereā€¦just a few more hours or so. Be sure to check it out if you have time.

1 Like